Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Easter was a Bad Day here in CT...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easter was a Bad Day here in CT...

http://www.wfsb.com/news/15693679/detail.html

A young man was killed about 5 miles from my house, and I didn't know him personally but alot of my close friends did and they are all shook up by this...on Easter. My heart goes out to his family and friends...and I wanted to try to make his death not so unnecessary by educating some people that pulling wheelies on public streets is just idiotic...

Witnesses say he was pulling wheelies down Rte 6 in Farmington around 6 pm Easter eveningwhen he lost control and he struck an on-coming car head on. He was wearing a helmet and some gear, but that doesn't protect you from being crushed under the wheels. He was only 23 and had a bright future...please take a moment to say a little prayer for him and his family.

KEEP BOTH TIRES ON THE GROUND!! Don't let Reed's mistake become yours also, he has paid the ultimate price for what??!?!? Use your head when your on the streets!!

http://www.legacy.com/HartfordCouran...onId=106317543

Old 03-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Default RE: Easter was a Bad Day here in CT...

Awwwwww... sad **** man..

i signed the guestbook and gave my condolences. Hate to see someone so young with soo much going for them have it all end like that.

Be careful out there everyone.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Banned

Man, everytime I see these things I get a little bit closer to putting a for sale sign on my bike. I just wonder if my passion outweighs the risks. It really has been bothering me lately though.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:18 PM

Tell me about it Buss...but you have to consider that you only hear about the bad news, there's no news in the hundreds of thousands of people that go out and return home safely on a daily basis.

You are a smart dude...and I'm sure youknow your limits.

I'm not trying to scare people from not riding...I just want Reed's passing to have some type of meaning and by educating people on these forums to stay w/i their abilities is a start.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunate and tragic. My prayers go out to his family.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Tell me about it Buss...but you have to consider that you only hear about the bad news, there's no news in the hundreds of thousands of people that go out and return home safely on a daily basis.

I'm not trying to scare people from not riding...I just want Reed's passing to have some type of meaning and by educating people on these forums to stay w/i their abilities is a start.
Yeah, I know Jay, but I went from a no-fear phase during which I experienced my first accident toa healthy-fear phase that has kept me in check, and now I'm starting to go into over-fear phase where I'm becomming pre-occupied with death on an almost daily basis. I don't know what's causing it, but I can't get it off my mind lately...it's almost a foreboding and haunting feeling, and I've never felt like this about riding before. Maybe it's other stress building up and turning me into a pessimist.

But anyway, no more on this subject. This thread goes out to the tragic loss of a fellow rider...condolences to his friends and family.

RIP

Old 03-25-2008, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Yeah, I know Jay, but I went from a no-fear phase during which I experienced my first accident toa healthy-fear phase that has kept me in check, and now I'm starting to go into over-fear phase where I'm becomming pre-occupied with death on an almost daily basis. I don't know what's causing it, but I can't get it off my mind lately...it's almost a foreboding and haunting feeling, and I've never felt like this about riding before. Maybe it's other stress building up and turning me into a pessimist.

But anyway, no more on this subject. This thread goes out to the tragic loss of a fellow rider...condolences to his friends and family.

RIP
I really know how you feel man. I love to ride and I lost a buddy almost 4 years ago to a bike wreck and I said I would never street ride, but here I am and even looking to get a differant bike.

We all need to just be careful and play it safe. This guy had so much going for him and it was his own fault that he wrecked, but we all do stupid stuff at time.

I just signed the guestbook as well.

Joe.