Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dovizioso Replaces Nicky

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dovizioso Replaces Nicky

Has anyone heard the story yet?

Dovizioso signed with repsol team and will be racing with Pedrosa coming season. I think this was very smart move by repsol team. And my opinion Dovizioso will give them a very good challenge.

I hope Hayden does good with ducati and becomes the champion. But to be honest, I have lots of questions marks about it and I don't see him coming back as a champion. I hope I am wrong about it. But If I am right and Dovizioso starts to win with Repsol and Hayden starts loosing with Ducati... that would make me think.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Default RE: Dovizioso Replaces Nicky

The worst kept secret in motogp next to Hayden going to Ducati.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:53 PM

Thats gonna be very interesting, Dovi is an awesome racer only being let down by inferior machinery.I hope the Repsol bike is the best bike for him so that we can see a great challenge for Rossi. Stoner is fast as hell but he is not consistant and disciplined enough to say on the bike long enough to finish the race, if he does he gives Rossi a run for his money. Rossi, Stoner, Hayden, Lorenzo and Pedrosa on thier proper machines.....Damn that would be aweosme racing!!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Nicky is done, unless they go back to 1000CC's he'll be out after this contract with Ducati.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:28 PM

Nicky is done? No F'n way. People do not give the guy the respect he deserves. Being a test pilot with Honda and winning a championship while testing a bike is pretty tall order, but he did it. He didnt only have issues with the new bike, but also issues with the tires, just as everyone else that rode Michelins. Haydens style burns up tires and Michelins this year have been horrible for everyone, but even worse for riders that ride like Hayden. His switch to Ducati and Bridgestone will have alot of people eating thier words next year. He always qualifies in the top 5 if not the top 3. Once his tires wear, he falls off the pace. Its not the engine size that is his limitation, its the tires.

And hell yeah Rossi!!!!!. Congratulations to the one of the best riders in the world. Well deserved. Rossi is one class act. he's the fastest most talented rider out there, but during his interviews, he nevers lets on.. he is very humble and a great champion.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:38 AM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

His switch to Ducati and Bridgestone will have alot of people eating thier words next year.
Motogp is going to a spec tire next year so he might be stuck on Michelins.

http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/20...e_tire_ru.html