Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dog tags?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris I have heard of that but never found it in any writing.

Okay I have three tags, two dog tags, one red medical tag. I was in the army I don't wear mine because I'm proud of what I did because quite franky I'm not... But I wear mine for those who were in country with me. Those that did not come home, the parents of friends who have suffered great loss. I wear mine because I am an american soldier...

You should do the same if thats how you feel by no means am I reeling you what to do.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by LJ Harp
Chris I have heard of that but never found it in any writing.

Okay I have three tags, two dog tags, one red medical tag. I was in the army I don't wear mine because I'm proud of what I did because quite franky I'm not... But I wear mine for those who were in country with me. Those that did not come home, the parents of friends who have suffered great loss. I wear mine because I am an american soldier...

You should do the same if thats how you feel by no means am I reeling you what to do.
Explain.....

Old 03-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Explain.....
Knew this would be asked...

How would you feel if it was you're family? What if it was you dad at the opposite end of my rifle? I am proud I protected my brothers in arms but not proud I broke other families apart

Old 03-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Also remember I am disabled because of my tours in iraq and I know what it feels like to be shot. I don't talk about what happened much so I'm not going to say here either. if you would like to know what it's like then go yourself. towards anyone non military

Old 03-19-2011, 04:05 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

in the Marine Corp we have a saying.......

Once a Marine, Always a Marine. so if im still a Marine, i dont see why i wouldnt be able to wear mine. and if something happens there is my info right there.

+100 LJ, i like that. its very thoughtful of you to think of your brothers and sisters in arms like that. you have my respect. and all those who lost their life for us.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by LJ Harp
Also remember I am disabled because of my tours in iraq and I know what it feels like to be shot. I don't talk about what happened much so I'm not going to say here either. if you would like to know what it's like then go yourself. towards anyone non military
I understand to a certain extent and am sorry you feel this away but......
We are soldiers bro, you knew exactly what you signed up for as I did. I have kids, a wife, a twin and older brother, the greatest mother, and several best friends......We do what is necessary to ensure we make it home. Its not something you want to brag about nor speak about but this is what we signed on to do; Protect our freedom.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:54 PM

Atleast taking the life of the enemy is justified, taking the life of another American without justification is another story.....