Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you guys let other people ride your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol yum I dont think any one you know could fit on it if its tailored to you. They would all be way to big for it lol

But to answer the question I have only let 2 people ride my bike. My buddy who was getting his 2 days later (that was in a private parking lot where I could watch him) and my best friend who taught me a lot of stuff back in the day. Others ask and I tell them to get lost (most of them dont even have their temps!!!!)

Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM

i let my best friend ride my bike if im not. I keep it at his house with the keys in it so im sure theres times he rides it and i dont even know but im cool with it. I know hell pay for it or fix it if he ever dropped it so its not really an issue, we always drive each others cars and stuff and work on them together so its not a big deal. Other than that ive only let my one other friend ride it who rides dirtbikes and is looking into getting a bike of his own this summer. Other friends who cant ride have asked and im just like nahhh itd probably be better for both of us if you didnt. No way in hell would i let a stranger.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:59 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by karl10250
Lol yum I dont think any one you know could fit on it if its tailored to you. They would all be way to big for it lol
Yea lucky for me.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:54 PM

My dad, and one of my best friends did. Even then it was bike swapping. They both have Harleys I wanted to ride. I was a little hesitant but in reality their bikes both blue book for more so I guess they had more to lose.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:02 PM

There's only a couple people I'd let ride my bike. The guy that gave it to me, because we've been friends for years and it was his bike to begin with, and my uncles, who have been riding sport bikes on the street since I was born. Otherwise, no.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:34 PM

Street bike: No one
CBR Track Bike: Only a very few, Endurance team mates
Ninjette 250 Track Bike: About anyone who asks nicely.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:47 PM

I let one of the chefs at my work ride my old Ninja 250. He told me that he used to ride motorcycles like 5 years ago. Anyways he almost crashed it into the restaurant without a helmet.
LOL after that I told him to get the hell off.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:24 PM

The answer is a hugantic ginormous resounding NO !! .... I've never in my life let a single person ride one of my bikes, unless they were test driving it to buy it ... and even then, they need to have the money or check in hand (worst case scenario ... they don't want the bike, that just means they can keep their money ... no harm done) ...

I mean, c'mon ... Would you let me take your wife for a test drive??? ... hell to da no !! ... I've even got a really funny story about me walking outside with a couple of riding buddies just to find some retard actually throwing a leg over my bike ("just to see what it felt like", he said) ....

I just don't have enough trust in anybody else to really have the desire to let them ride my bikes ... I don't want anybody else's bikes but mine because i've done all the customizations and work on my bikes myself, which makes them worth about 10 x's as much as any new stock bike that could replace them ...

Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM

ill let "some" peeps throw the leg over " supervised of course " but ive only let 2 peeps take her for a spin and only coz i know them very well !

Old 05-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Short story - yeah - there's about 3 friends of mine I'd ever let ride it. So far no one has, cause I think they're all in awe of how much work I put into my F2 from the condition it was in when I bought it.

Strangely enough - I learned to ride on a borrowed Yamaha FZ1. Good friend of mine had it, and hadn't ridden it more than 20 miles in a year or so. (empahsis on good friend.)

We ride & race mountain bikes together so he's always known what my handling skills and reflexes are there.

He's an insurance adjuster for Progressive, and he primarily does powersports/recreational vehicle claims. I told him a few times to keep an eye out for a fixer-upper for me to get to fix up and learn to ride on. I was thinking like a Ninja 250 or a GS500 with trashed fairings and bent forks. Out of the blue one day, he just grabs a helmet and pushes the Yamaha out of the garage and tells me to take it around the neighborhood. I managed not to kill myself, so the next day he shows up and tells me to get comfortable enough on it to go get my endorsement & keep it @ my house & ride it, cause he doesn't have the time. Said he's trying to sell it. He says if I ride it here and there it'll keep the carbs cleaned out. He even added me to his insurance policy as an authorized driver once I had my endorsement.

It stayed at my house for 6 months - thru the winter - and I would ride it 2-3 times a week. One day the alternator crapped out on my truck, it was like 36degrees, and all I had was the FZ - so I threw on a backpack and realized how useful having that backup vehicle was.

He never sold the bike - we've done several rides together since I got the F2 ridable.

So yeah - there's a couple I'd let ride my F2 - but not many. They have already had the offer made, and declined (maybe they just don't wanna ride my POS ;-) )

Quick Reply: Do you guys let other people ride your bike?