Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you guys let other people ride your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys let other people ride your bike?

Me? Hells no! I payed for that thing and it's my baby. Seriously I would not ask someone "hey, can I drive your new turck? Just for fun." Idk where some people get off.

There's a guy I know, more of a friend of a friend though and he used to ride. For whatever reason he sold his bike.

So last night he wanted to ride my bike out to the bar and have me follow him in his truck. "You can drive back home." He says. Yah-- Thanks

The worst part, my roommates hoped on his band waggon and couldn't believe I wouldn't just let him ride 10ism miles. Whatever! I stayed strong.

My response-- Grow some t!ts and you can hop on the back cutie. No way are you're riding my motorcycle.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get it all the time to, and some of my buddies ask if they can learn on it lol.
I have let 2 guys ride my bike, One is my college buddy that has a championship R6 and we switched bikes just to see how the other one drove for like 20km and the other was my childhood nighbor who I have known since I was less then 1yrs old and he has ridden bikes for 15years and has a 09 1000RR at his house and is loaded and wouldn't think twice to buy me a new bike and pay everything (taxes, registration....) if he dumped it.

But without them having something of greater value or cash at their disposal to buy the whole bike I wouldn't let them ride it.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:06 AM

See I've done the quick bike swap thing too and feel the same way you do about (collateral) but for people you only ish-know??... No chance.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Only my cousin has ridden my bike, and even then I was standing outside like a waiting mother for him to bring it back. He rides pretty well but he can be dumb sometimes so I was still worried. He lets me take his out so that's the main reason I let him take mine out.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only one that has been on my F4 is a friend of mine. He let me ride is K7 GSX-R 1000 a couple times and I do trust him on my bike. He can be a bit nutty sometimes but that's on his own bike. He would probably let me use his bike all day if I asked him (haven't thus far).

Other random people? Walk away before you get kicked in the nuts for asking.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
Other random people? Walk away before you get kicked in the nuts for asking.
This.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:09 AM

only person who's ever rode mine is my close friend who also has an f4i, switched bikes a couple times just for fun.

I would let an extremely close friend oR family member if i knew they were good for the cash to REPLACE THE COST OF THE BIKE, NOT TO FIX THE DAMAGE.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:12 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i swear this gets brought up in one form or another once a week haha

Old 05-05-2011, 10:17 AM

LOL my mad Z.

I'm new.

Now that I think about though I'm sure I get to look forward to a lot of the "can I ride your bike" requests.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:31 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol all is good man... btw just got back to ya on that pm haha

and yea i dont let anyone but my dad ride my bike, to much time invested for someone else to mess it up ya know?

Quick Reply: Do you guys let other people ride your bike?