Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

dmv ride test

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dmv ride test

Some places use it as another way to generate revenue out of you.
In PR, they do it for the regular car license.
Take it and fail = having to take it again+ paying the fees for it (almost nobody passes the first attempt)
Unless: Take a driving school instructor on their car to take the test (meaning you're paying for a driving instructor, which most are friends/family of the DMV testers) And you pass the first time no problem.
Quite the money making scheeme...

Old 04-16-2007, 12:18 AM

I past mine after the second attempt. I didn't have to pay anything for failing my first test. we didn't do any circles on my test either. I took the MSF coarse here but they wouldn't give me my license unless I passed their test. I'm here is SC though, I'm sure it's different state to state.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:20 AM

Im taking the MSF class on the 27-29th.. here in VA I payed 350$ for it. I went to sign up the DAY registration opened (April 1st) and only 2 classes were available for the month, AM 27-29th and PM 27-29th, all other weekends were full by 2PM!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 02:42 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

from what i remember right now u have to goto a slalom course, a stright line 2x around the circle and a stop test i believe. and yes its pretty screwed up the msf prices out here are MORE expensive after you turn 21 you would think if you were under it would be more expensive . i dont understand that

At least in CA, which is where I got my first M license when I was 20, the reason that it is so much less expensive is because it's mandatory for people under 21 to take it so I guess it makes sense that it's subsidized. My feeling is it should be mandatory in every state considering the large perk of not having to take the road test, plus the fun/education that it offers. I paid 150 for mine and i think if you were over 21 its 235? somewhere around there

Old 04-16-2007, 03:06 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

Under Age 21
In order to get your motorcycle license you must complete the Basic Riding & Street Skills Class. This program costs students under the age of 21, $150.00 in Sacramento. You must successfully complete a driver's education and drivers training program, have a certificate of completion or, a valid class C drivers license or, a valid motorcycle learner's permit (acquired by passing the DMV's written motorcycle test).
If you have ONE of these you are ELIGIBLE to take the Basic Rider course approved by the CHP. We strongly recommend that you get your motorcycle permit prior to taking this class, as it will allow you to get your motorcycle license faster. Return to the DMV after completing the course to receive your motorcycle license. If you already have a valid class C license you will be given an M1 or M2 endorsement. If you are applying for a motorcycle license only, you will still have to pass the on-street driving test. We offer the Basic Rider course in Sacramento.
Age 21 and Above
Students age 21 and above are not required to take this course in order to receive their motorcycle license. This course is $235.00 for students age 21 and above in Sacramento.
You will need a valid class C drivers license or motorcycle learner's permit to attend the Basic Rider course approved by the CHP. We strongly recommend that you get your motorcycle permit prior to taking this class as it will allow you to get your motorcycle license faster. Return to the DMV after completing the course to receive your motorcycle license. If you already have a valid class C license you will be given an M1 or M2 endorsement.
http://www.safetycenter.org/motorcyclesafety.html

Old 04-16-2007, 03:11 AM

what a memory i have!

Old 04-16-2007, 11:53 AM

Good thing i have a Ninja250 LOL. i was down at the local DMV here in CA about a week ago andI was suprised how hard it was to get that little circle down.. It's just such a small area that you have to do the little circle. THANK GOD FOR THE 250

there is no way i would be able to do it on my 1krr i would crash.

As for if it's fair? I dunno maybe i'm biased because i ride. but personally it's prob a good test... infact i wish the drive test was this hard maybe we would have ****ing retarded people on the road. ........ but you see that within it self is a clecha' because people are going to drive with or with out licenses anyways..

As for the MSF $235 BULLCRAP i really do think the class would be fun and i would love to take it but damn 235... ouch thats alot of cash not to mention the clases are like 2 months out it's almost like you can't win... but my wife and I are both taking the ride test this SAT so wish us luck

Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 AM

Dang! so expensive for the MSF. Here at Luke AFB its required to take it to ride on base, so its completely paid for! And they have it right on base. Here I think they have the MSF about once a month, and your pretty much guaranteed to get in any month you wish.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 AM

ROfl. My test consisted of going to the nearest stop sign, riding down to the next stop sign and then turn back into the parking lot and I passed.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:45 AM

I took it on my F3 and I passed it on the first try.

Quick Reply: dmv ride test