Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dislocated Shoulder!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dislocated Shoulder!

So I met a chick at the bar, ended up at a house party. Well, it turns out it was a bunch of drunk guys in this small town just outside of my city. They felt the need to beat up me and my friend, with 7 big huge hick guys. Anyways, I end up in the hospital for a dislocated shoulder.

I am in the process of selling my business that I have ran for the last 9 years. I was planning to take the bike up to california and start a new business up there(sell everything here, and restock up there). Now my plans are bassicly screwed, for now anyways.

But now my question, has anyone ever dislocated their shoulder then road again? The doc was saying it can pop out of place at any time, i can't even move my arm and its been 2 weeks. He said he didn't know if i I would be able to ride

Old 10-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Default RE: Dislocated Shoulder!

What! What kind of party was this? What provoked the hicks to beat you as such?
Anyway, I have a shoulder injurie from baseball back since high school. My left shoulder can halfway pop out of the socket if I want it to. When I bring my arm across my chest and pull, it locks in place until I move it back with my right arm. It doesn't hurt any, but in funny positions it will freeze. Never had any problems. Since yours is dislocated completely, it might be awhile before you have full movement again.
Also, sorry to hear about that. Did you get the police involved for the assault?

Old 10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

damn bro that f'in sucks ! i hope you called the cops and filled charges .. ive never dislocated my shoulder so i cant be of any help to you sorry .. what type of business do you have anyways ? if u dont mind my asking

Old 10-18-2006, 04:43 AM

Not really much to the story. We were at the girls brothers house and he was being protective of his sister I guess. He was asking why my friend was hanging out with his sister ect, my friend was like i just met her blah blah. He started getting in his face, he's trying to back down. Im standing a bit back. Trying to help talk us out of it. All the sudden him and all his buddies start swining. I guess they were just drunk and looking for a fight. Anyways, we pressed charges. Not sure of what happeend yet, but cops said they would go arrest and ticket them.

I buy / sell mortgage leads and also close loans on the side.

Just hope this dislocated crap doesn't screw my riding for life

Old 10-18-2006, 04:49 AM

Sorry to hear it, life is a downward spiral from here. I did mine a year ago snowboarding Mt Bachelor OR. Hurt way bad. I was able to ride again in about 3 weeks but it hurt a little and you have to be careful that your bike dosent tip to the side of the bad shoulder. Sleeping is way more dangerous to your shoulder than riding though. Sleep with your arm suspended for at least 1 week so you don't pop it out again. I only went to 1 day of therapy because I hate therapy and that was all I could stand. (They look at you funny when you roll up to therapy on a bike.) I thought I was good 6 months later and I started surfing again. After a couple times surfing it came out again while I was paddeling but it came out and in all in the same stroke. I got nervous but I kept surfing. I just kept paddeling with one arm. Well a month later I went surfing and it came out when I threw my arm around. I got out of the water fast and tried to get it back in but I couldnt. Its way painful when its out of socket but I had to go to the er and wait 2 hours for them to get it back in. Im supossed to get surgery but Ive been avoiding the doctors because I hate the down time. Dirtbiking is surprisingly tame on your shoulder but mountainbiking is way sketchy. The main benefit of getting the surgery is that I can get back into rockclimbing but I just dont have the timefor the surgery right now.

Sorry for the long post but you need to know how bad it sucks. Go to therapy and take it easy.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yuk!!!!!!! Did you guys (that have) like the grisaly sound, as they poped it back in????? EEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I can still hear it 20 years later !!!!!!!!!!!!! Got all darvonedd up, so I didn't scream like a little girl... got good luck kiss from one nurse ( the nice one !!!) and told the doc, If he hurt me, "I was gonna knock 'em out". Stuck his foot in my pit and pulled and twisted... pop, back in !!!!!, Back make'n boat tops, the next day. Unfortunitly, It was in 105f temp... got sunstroke... spent 3 weeks thinking I was Jimi Hendrixs. Still kind of hurts to make large elbow circle at shoulder hieght, and I down't swim by scooping both hands in front of me (towords the out side) or I can re dis it. It will heal up plenty good usualy... I could have road, the next week. Go to a sports med place... (jock rehab) they know ther stuff.
Maybe its my years of wisdom... Sister... brother... booze... out numberd... there turf, Your/ there, lucky to be alive !!!!!!!!! Go talk to a college/ hs. wrestling coach, they've seen afew dislocations... My left hook is shot, but my uppercut still rocks !!!!!!!!
Cleaan and free, Ripp'n

Old 10-19-2006, 04:30 AM

Dang rippin, I know the sound. Ive heard it a few times. 20 years later and still feeling it? Maybe I will get the surgery.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corey, ya you know the sound !!!!!!!!!!! Hey man, I wouldn't climb, w/o that surgery... POP... AAARRRRRRRaaagghh !!!!!!!! No surgery for me... I got a catapult... ain't E*** great !!!!!!! I should polly be kneeling on a skateboard !!!!!!!!!! I really want to try street luge, you know 5' foot board and gravity. It's suposed to favor girthy guys, as myself !!!!!!! Someday... "just bungee my feet to the pegs!!!!!"
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 10-19-2006, 03:18 PM

So really its just more of a rotation motion (swimming?) that can cause it to pop out? I don't care if I ever swim again, but riding is my <3.

Can you ride ok now?

Old 10-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Retired Administrator

Sounds like a movie... called Hostile.

I think I'd be asking more question about how to break into someone's car, raise it up on blocks or pull the plug wires so they can't drive it off and rig the inside door handles not to work as well as the windows. Then sit and wait for them to get in the car. Calmly walk over with a big red fuel can and pour it all over the car with a road flare in my hand. Light the flare and toss it on the hood/windshield and walk away.... just think of the horror and the stains in their shorts when they realize it was only water in the fuel can.

Come on... murder is never justified, but they would be my bitches for life.

Quick Reply: Dislocated Shoulder!