Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

Look up entrapment, fool.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This one should get the hose puller, er.... fire eaters, er... hero's all fired up.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE
Because unlike your fire department, we do more than just make nudey calenders on the tax payers dime.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE
Because at any given time, there are 60% more firefighters paid to sleep & BBQ than POLICE paid to patrol.

Ouch!!!

Old 04-14-2007, 11:56 PM

Seems like this topic has gone sour and turned into an argument over cops and firefighters... Cant they both be heroes!? They both risk their own lives to save others! Now, back to the topic of ticketing an quotas. I have been told by many cops there is not a quota to meet. An on the other hand I have been told by other cops that there is! WTF? Do they not even know what that hell is going on there? I don't really care, I do the limit while there are people present. But what is really starting to **** me the F(#$ off is the homo traffic enforcing narcs! These are the guys/gals that drive around in old *** Brettas, Cherokees, Darangos, Tarus you name it. They are completely unmarked and call in for another marked car to pull you over. What kinda chicken S$%# maneuver is that!? I understand that it is not entrapment, but that is pretty damn close. I guess it works though... Keeping our streets safe from those who danger their lives and the lives of others... [/align]

Old 04-15-2007, 02:39 AM

i personally have never had a problem with paying up. i know the speed limit is to never, under any circumstances be exceeded. i know that the speed limit on I-10 is 70mh. i know that if i DO exceed the limit, that i am breaking the law, and that i will be cited, regardless of my personal opinion on the particular law. except for some situations, speeding is a choice, you know what you are doing is illegal, so why raise a fuss when you get a ticked for doing something that you already knew was wrong?

it may not be dangerous in the least to do 80 in a 70 on I-10, but disregard the safety, any jackass can tell if the number on the big sign is bigger or smaller than the number on their speedo. drive the speed limit (not 5 over, not 1 over) and you wont get anymore speeding tickets.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate people that hate cops.......plain and simple. They're risking their asses for a less than desirable wage considering the situations they get thrown into. Thus, I have an ENORMOUS respect for cops.

For all the people that hate traffic tickets............obey the damn traffic laws. Quota's or not, if you aren't breaking the law, you won't get a ticket.

It's what you would call "common sense". Something a LOT of people have a lack of these days.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:31 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

if they hated danger they wouldn't be cops.
Cops love the Power of a badge and gun. If they were fearless and selflessthey'd be Firefighters.

My point is stop paying the po-po to bust your *****, drive slow. that'll f**k them up. Thay'll have to start ticketing people that drive with their heads up their asses because they are too busy talking on the cell phone to signal lane changes.
I wish that worked. down here in florida they harrass us no matter what.Here is a perfect example.Wednesday night is a bike night at qs&l . All bikes welcome.One of the biggest bike spots in florida.Average 3-4k bikes on a regular wed night. This past wednesday the cops couldn't bust the bikers for doing stupid **** so they figures a better way to harrass us. They blocked the facking entrance to qs&l and ticketed 1730 people.I repeat 1730 people for anything and everything.No probable cause or anything.You pull in and 2 cops fully inspect your bike and start writing tickets.

Right now the owners of qs&l have contacted a lawyer and might be filing a class action suit since this all happened on private propety.

oh and for who is a real hero.firefighters hands down.They don't go around harrassing people or judging people in their work.They save lives period

some cops are heroes and some are ****** with a badge

Old 04-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Banned

I wish that worked. down here in florida they harrass us no matter what.
I am in Florida too, Florida cops are the worst. Must be the heat.

I hate people that hate cops.......plain and simple. They're risking their asses for a less than desirable wage considering the situations they get thrown into. Thus, I have an ENORMOUS respect for cops.
OK Bluefox, this is how it works. State Troopers are guys that couldn't make it into the FBI, County Sheriffs are guys that couldn't make the troops, Local cops are simply the high school bullies.

Since leaving NY I haven't met a cop that I respect. Those boys up north had priorities, violent crimes and DWIs got their attention. The rest of the stuff was much less so. In Florida these cops will set up radar units in speed zones that are abnormally low and wait. You can buy/sell crack two blocks away...but don't speed. You can break you girlfriends leg, but don't speed. You can shoot off guns in the middle of the night, but don't speed. My town is 3 square miles and at any given time I will pass two cops before I leave my town. Sometimes I will see 3 cops on one stretch of road. It is a top down problem from the chief to the patrol guy. The citizens of Florida are all victims, we live in a police state.

So good for you Blue Fox, you live in a rare place that the cops are cool, but come down to florida and spend a few days, chances areyou'll go back without your license and probably a warrent for your arrest you don't even know about.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Banned

No, Moto,it's not even close to entrapment. Seriously, look it up.

And firefighters don't, "harrass" people because it's not their job to deal with your city's ****heads on a daily basis. They aren't the enemy as soon as they arrive at the problem.

Some of you guys are some real jackasses. You're being completely racist and you're completely oblivious to it.

"Some cops are ****** with a badge, some aren't."

Does that sound anything like, "some black people are just ****ers and some are really cool." "Some Mexicans are lazy, freeloading wetbacks, and some actually work." "Some white people are just plain white trailer trash, and some pay their bills."

Wake the **** up you morons... plain and simple, if it wasn't for police you'd have to kill a human probably more than once in your life. Is that what you want? It would happen. You would wake up to your car windows being busted out once or twice a week. What about your daughter being raped because there is no dedicated enforcement agency to use science to find her rapist? You think you could crack a ****ing rape case?

I don't think so, hell, I see countless typos from you morons in this thread alone... and you think you'd be better off without police. Retarded.

Put it this way, braniacs. Would you feel more or less safe if there weren't firemen? Probably less safe because they provide a valuble service for less than, in most cases, $40K a year. Well guess what, police also provide a service for the same low wage. So if you think firefighters belong in this world because of what they do, then, BY OBVIOUS DEFAULT, you feel the same way about police.

Wake the **** up idiots.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:14 PM

wow calm down there bud. i agree with you all the way kidcr2nshaw. but most of these people are saying these things are clearly ingnorint and are sore cuase they got cuaght. there is no point in arguing with them thouse cuase there not willing to listen or learn and thats why they think how they think.

i have a question for you guys when a you go to work and your boss tells you to do something do you just ignore your boss??? well police stations have certain guide lines and these guide lines are usually set by what the citizens and the community wants .and though a police officer does have discretion they must also follow these guide lines. police officers are simply doing there job.

if your sick of geting tickets and stuff like that what do you do? to behonest if you want your local police habits to change go to your local town meetings.

most people truely dont know what intrapement really means. in a simple basic term intrapment is when a law enforcment agent coerces you to do something that you normally wouldnt do.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys complain about speeding tickets. Well last night while I was on patrol I did in fact hand out 3 tickets (slow night). But in the process I also arrested a drunk driver (twice the legal limit) and handed out 2 -12hr suspensions of drivers licence due to alcohol consumption. My partner had to go to a domestic by himself and arrested the guy for tuning up his wife. I ended up putting in a 13hr night shift to complete my work and I have no idea when my buddy went home.
In fact over my two night shifts I was able to get 5 drunk drivers off of the road and yes hand out 8 tickets to deserving motorists along with answering all of my calls.
Am I saying this to get praise,no. I am just letting you know that there are officers out there doing their job and loving it.
Are we heros?? No, we were doing what we were trained to do and do it without fear for our own safety.
I would like to thank all of the ladies and gents that post nice things about cops.

Quick Reply: "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"