Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

if they hated danger they wouldn't be cops. there are plenty of dash cam vids out there where an officer stops a speeder, walks up to the car and takes 2 to the chest. theres risk in everyhting they do.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Banned

if they hated danger they wouldn't be cops.
Cops love the Power of a badge and gun. If they were fearless and selflessthey'd be Firefighters.

My point is stop paying the po-po to bust your *****, drive slow. that'll f**k them up. Thay'll have to start ticketing people that drive with their heads up their asses because they are too busy talking on the cell phone to signal lane changes.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Thay'll have to start ticketing people that drive with their heads up their asses because they are too busy talking on the cell phone to signal lane changes.
That's the problem right there. The state wants to control its citizens, and the best way to do so is to make them all criminals. If we stopped speeding they'd be busting us for something else, even if they had to make up some new laws to do it. 99.99%+ of people are criminals. Those in power know it and use it to their advantage. In the case of speeding, they use it to fund law enforcement.

BTW, everyone says "You hate cops until you have to call them to save your ***." Cops RARELY save anyone. They respond after a situation has happened and write a report about it. Sometimes they even catch the guy who did it. But they don't stop real trouble until it's too late. That's not a diss on cops either, it's simply inevitable. They can't be everywhere at once. Regular people need to protect themselves and each other. The problem is, people use this argument to convince fearful people that we need a police state where the government has unlimited authority to create and enforce laws that undermine our freedoms. When the people of this country get scared enough, they will gave up what's left of their rights, and infrequent muggings will seem like paradise compared to the result.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cops are just people, like everyone else, some are dicks, some youd consider your best friend, some are crooked, some drop the soap on purpose

+1 td, a great act of heroism for us is just another day in the office for firefighters

Old 04-12-2007, 08:30 PM

I have a friend who is a cop and he says 9 times out of 10 the quota is bs and made up. A speeding ticket is the same fine for 1 over to 9 over in ohio at least. If they truly had quotas they could write you a ticket for 1 over. 66 is the same as 74.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Banned

I have a friend who is a cop and he says 9 times out of 10 the quota is bs and made up.
Ask your friend if when it comes to 'promotion time' or 'raise time' does it matter how many tickets were written.

If they truly had quotas they could write you a ticket for 1 over. 66 is the same as 74.
My buddy gor a ticket for 32 in a 30...he was on a MOPED.

I'm not saying your buddy is a liar, but I wouldn't let him keep score when playing golf.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess things are different in Canada. I am an officer in Ontario, Canada and no we do not have a quota. But I do go out and stop the, shall I say "creative" drivers out there. Least I remind everyone that rides on two wheels, if we "no good cops" did not keep the cages in line, I think we would all be lying under their bumpers.
Yes our jobs has some power trippers out there, but doesn't every job. Who's boss has not gone out of his way to show you that he is in fact "your boss". No I am not saying I am anyones boss, I am just trying to keep the streets safe for all users.
As for the real criminals, I have caught my fair share. By being out on the road driving around, "flying the colors" it does help in preventing crime and yes I would run into that burning building to rescue someone who is trapped.
Please answer this truthfully. How many people out there would walk into a house that you just got called to a domestic and the old man just tuned up the old lady and you have no idea what is waiting for you, or seeing a guy run from a B & E and you get out and chase him at 3am. You have no idea what they have. I have a wife and child at home and want to see them at the end of my shift, but if I am going to do my job I have to put it in the back of my mind.
As for the hose pullers, er.... I mean fire fighters. Yes they are hero's too. I give them all the props they deserve, but do they put there life on the line for the full 12hrs (that's how long my shift is). No. They wait for the call to come in and they to react. I don't see fire eaters driving around pro-activly putting out fire or knocking on doors checking everyones home to see if someone fell asleep with a lit smoke or someone left the iron on or the stove on.
So for my closing argument, anyone that puts their life on the line cops, fire fighters, EMT, nurses, anyone in the military, etc.... they are all hero's in my books.
Now I'll sit back and let you guy's and gal's rip me a new one.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Banned

Listen, I'm gonna say this once and be done with this thread.

Let's just assume you have a family, kids and a house on a semi-busy street. You've paid for your house and your yard. Now let's assume your kids play out in the front yard. You know there is plenty of room that they don't need to be close to the street - but kids are kids.

Now let's assume you notice everyday there are morons flying down the street above the posted speed limit of 35MPH. Now let's say you've dealt with it for a year, but now some jackass comes FLYING down your street while your outside with your kids. He's doing every bit of 60MPH, all you do is stand up and watch the jackass fly by. Enough is enough. You call the chief of police and demand something be done.

Now let's imagine you live in a neighborhood with 6 other houses to your immediate right and left. Let's imagine a couple of them have made a complaint before, or making them now. They call the chief. GUESS WHAT???

The chief works for the mayor, do you understand that??? Okay, guess who the mayor works for??? YOU,THE PERSON MAKING THE COMPLAINTS!!! If that mayor wants re-elected, he's gonna listen when people make complaints. It's his job to make the city safer and more comfortable for those who inhabit it.

Get off your goddamned high-horse and shut your mouth. There is so much more involved here than you and your damn bike (which you probably speed around on in low gears letting everyone within a mile know you're coming), but you can't see that. You think you're being picked on. Get real - get a life and realize the world doesn't revolve around you and your less than substantial contribution to society.

What do you do for your city? Do you volunteer? Do you attend city council meetings? Town halls? Public forums?

Nope - but you'll come on a damn forum and bitch your mouth off. Get a life.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Banned

Canada, you're good people bro. I did 4 years and got a bad taste in my mouth. My heart wasn't in it anymore, I hope you never experience that. But, if you do, it's time to hang up the belt. LE is too sensative a position for someone who's heart isn't in it.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:07 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Get off your goddamned high-horse and shut your mouth. There is so much more involved here than you and your damn bike (which you probably speed around on in low gears letting everyone within a mile know you're coming), but you can't see that. You think you're being picked on. Get real - get a life and realize the world doesn't revolve around you and your less than substantial contribution to society.

What do you do for your city? Do you volunteer? Do you attend city council meetings? Town halls? Public forums?

Nope - but you'll come on a damn forum and bitch your mouth off. Get a life.
Kid - I don't know exactly who your talking to here, but here's my .02 on your POV.

I agree that some ******** flying through a neighborhood at double the speed limit should get a ticket.

But my problem (and alot of other people's, as well) is getting tickets on a 6 lane superslab for going 72 mph in a 65 mph zone. I don't think I'm on a high horse when I complain about **** like that, and that seems like the majority of traffic enforcement that I see. Tickets aren't only about safety. LOTS of people get citations while driving safely, and that is bull****. I don't intend to stop complaining about it.

Run a red light - You endanger every one else in the intersection
Speed through my neighborhood - You endanger my kids
Go 10 over on the freeway - You endanger no one
I'm not opposed to traffic laws. We need them. But a whole lot of them are absolutely assinine, and the way they are enforced is even worse.

Quick Reply: "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"