Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"

Well if you're talking highways, you're talking State Troopers... in that case I have nothing to offer in their defense! They are of a different breed altogether and would write their own mothers a ticket for speeding or failure to signal before a lane change. They have no discretions on who, when or where anyone gets a ticket. If you witnessed how their academy was ran you'd get an idea of why they come out with a chip on their shoulders. The Marine Corps hell week is only slightly above the difficulty of a troopers academy.

And no, I wasn't talking to you.

I was talking to the people complaining about, "directed enforcement" and it's relation to the publics misconcieved notion of quotas.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: HurricaneForce

But my problem (and alot of other people's, as well) is getting tickets on a 6 lane superslab for going 72 mph in a 65 mph zone. I don't think I'm on a high horse when I complain about **** like that, and that seems like the majority of traffic enforcement that I see. Tickets aren't only about safety. LOTS of people get citations while driving safely, and that is bull****. I don't intend to stop complaining about it.

your speeding hence you get a ticket your telling me that u couldnt slow down 3 mph more? that 3mph was gona make a big diffrence in the amount of time from point A to point B? so if its okay to go 7 over whos to say its not okay to go 10 over or 20 or 30 or do 110 down a highway?

dont forget thouse speed limits are set for more then just your motorcycle there set up for all traffic on the road cars, semis, trucks hauling boats and what not.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:18 AM

They really shouldn't be pulling people over for less than around 5 mph over, because radar guns and lasers have to calibrated every so often which means that there is a margin of error in the recording of speed sometimes. That is what really gets me, I was pulled over for doing 31 in a 30, like I was meaning to speed and that is assuming that the gun is perfectly set and that there is no varitaion in speedometer etc. That really makes me angry. Save yourself the trouble and get a jammer. lol

Old 04-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoever pulls someone over for 1 over is a dick. Myself, I have a person limit of 22km/h (14mph) over the speed limit. I police an urban community and if you are going that fast then you deserve a tag. I will reduce the ticket at the road side, but it is at my discretion. If you are acting like an *** then you will receive the full thing and anything further I can find. Be polite and I will use discretion and lower the ticket for no points and a lesser fine.
As for the radar, it does not need calibration unless it is not working correctly. I have used it enough to know when it needs sent in to be fixed. Trust me when I saythat the radar works fine, it is your speedometer that need calibrated.
Going 10 over on the freeway you endanger no one. I think not. You go 10 over and go to pass another vehicle but the car in the other lane isgoing 10 under, your time and space to slow is shorter.
Yes there are some stupid laws in the books, but you voted for the morons that put them into effect.
Please don't paint all officers with the same brush, we are not all ********. Some of use are doing the job to try and improve this world.
If you are going to break the rules, then take your chances. The only person to blame is yourself.
Thats just my .02

Old 04-13-2007, 02:29 PM

Cops are just like all other people some you like, some you don't really care one way or the other, and others your gonna throw down with (this gets you no where, but jail though).lol

Old 04-13-2007, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I'm not saying your buddy is a liar, but I wouldn't let him keep score when playing golf.
That is hilarious!

Old 04-13-2007, 05:55 PM

If they truly had quotas they could write you a ticket for 1 over. 66 is the same as 74.
My buddy gor a ticket for 32 in a 30...he was on a MOPED.

I'm not saying your buddy is a liar, but I wouldn't let him keep score when playing golf.
ROFLMAO....

Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 PM

I have a friend who is a cop and he says 9 times out of 10 the quota is bs and made up.
Ask your friend if when it comes to 'promotion time' or 'raise time' does it matter how many tickets were written.

If they truly had quotas they could write you a ticket for 1 over. 66 is the same as 74.
My buddy gor a ticket for 32 in a 30...he was on a MOPED.

I got ticketed in Rockford for 35 in a 30 while only doing 20-25 (I was lost/turned around from I-80 working my way into WI from Utah). The cop says to me, "You probably won't want to come all the way back out hear from Utah to fight this ticket, so you can pay it no or mail it in."
Friggin' dirt bag country po-dunk cop. Cost me $91 AND they never marked my ticket paid so I have a revoke in Il and Utah. My WI is valid though, so screw them podunk bastards.

Oh yeah, in a car.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 PM

The best way to fight small town speed traps is to simply not frequent the town...

Don't shop or buy anything there.

Call a few merchants, city council, whomever, and tell them that you told 100 people you know not to shop or even go into their town because of ridiculous over-ticketing.

True story....

In a car, you set the cruise control at or slightly below the speed limit

Coming over a hill...the control speeds up to 2-3 mph over briefly...cop is waiting on the other side of the hill and tickets you for about a 1-2 second infraction.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:42 AM

My thing about cops radaring is this, since when did it become a cat and mouse game, Your going to hide behind bridges bushes billboards whatever you can and then bust. Kinda seems like entrapment to me but that would never stand in court. If you catch me speeding good for you I f'ed up. But I will gladly pay my ticket. I got pulled over by a sherrif one day for 50 in a 35. I was driving my moms car (auto) everything I own is manaul well a manaul will hold its speed down a hill I forgot a auto wont. So I get pegged. I was polite and nice and apologized told him this is my moms car I am not used to driving autos that I only drive manauls and they hold there speed downhill. He told me I was full of **** not all my vehicles were manaul and so on. I came up with a great line ever since then, I told him thats ok he busted me this time because he has missed me the other 100 times.

Quick Reply: "Directed Enforcement"....not "Quotas"