Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Did anyone else have to move on Memorial Day?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did anyone else have to move on Memorial Day?

Such a gorgeous day.. a million bikes out there...

Just me and my dad doing all the heavy lifting all day yesterday.. Did I mention my apt is on the 3rd floor and it was 90 n humid? Will be glad to say good riddance to my inconsiderate neighbors whom parked across the front when my dad had a truck n trailer he was trying to pull up. If I saw someone moving, I would go move my car, but that's me. Also there was a cretin sitting on the stairs texting, right in the way! Wanted to clock him in the head with some chairs really bad.

I really was hoping to be done with this earlier in the week but I still have to go back tonight for a lot of smaller personal items. Furniture and clothes are here. I would like to throw a lot of the personal items away, but I can't allow myself to do so until I check and see if any of my old school books have any resale value.. I don't think I even got 2 hrs of sleep last night. Had to share a funky busted couch with 2 dogs.

I could really use some sleep and some me (riding) time...... I have so much work to do yet. Mom said she would help me with some of the smaller things. I have to jigsaw together a bedroom down in the basement. Too much stuff and no room.

Really appreciate my parents taking me in.. I make half the money I used to.. Or I would've got my own place. Had a couple offers, none of them seemed wise. Hopefully I will save a lot of money. I wanna buy them stuff they need over time: new couch, help them seal their basement walls, clean out gutters, clean and organize, garden, cook dinner, etc... I am completely out of steam.

I have to finish putting myself together and go to work. Everything is in disarray. :-/ Could've totally let myself fall asleep in the shower... Need coffee. Hopefully I don't fall asleep driving.

Hope everybody got to enjoy a beautiful weekend with their friends and loved ones.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats no good. I hope you can get a few days of R&R.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Exclamation

Perhaps I missed it from an earlier post, but what happened? Did you and your old man break up, or what?
Sorry to hear you have to relocate back in with your parents, but it could be worse. Moving just plain sucks.

Edit: BTW, I worked this weekend. Time and a half; need the money. Not that I could've taken it off anyways

Last edited by Incognito; 05-31-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 AM

It's 3am and I'm still moving. This really sucks. I should have eaten more today. Maybe I'd have more energy. I'm beyond drained. I don't have enough containers, enough truck, enough muscle. Honda accord and no boxes blows. Asked my roommate if he could get us some..... Ahh you don't need em. I might sleep in my car tonight. Or lay on the floor in what will be an empty apartment. No more room or boxes I'm at a stand still. Roommate said he was going home in 20 min. I dunno what I would do. Hopefully he can find some container and I'll have to get some of my stuff from his parents house later. I shoulda woulda coulda got a uhaul but I didn't want to deal with this and waited too long. I wish I had friends too. That would be nice.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:07 AM

I feel your pain. My 2nd military move was horrible.

I woke up at 3 to go to my last day of tech school and graduate. I got off by about 1pm but had to wait in the squadron to be released. My leave didnt start for 3 days so i was going to stay home and pack but they said i could take the 3 days early. So i got a uhaul that day packed everything that night as best i could and moved everything into the truck and got my wifes car onto the trailer, slept for 3 hours and then drove to my next base 6 hours away. Unpacked everything into a storage place as it rained and then drove 5 hours to Austin.

That was the most draining day ever. I hope you get stuff done and then sleep for 18 hours like i did. lol

Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 AM

I detest moving! The worse was helping my brother move into his new house. It took three people (mostly my brother and I but his gf helped) just over 24 HOURS of non stop moving to get all his **** into the new house (also because we had to do several 1.5 hour round trips back to his old place to load up the U-haul truck).

Moving back in with your parents sucks. I've been on my own since I was 16 (although living in one of my parents apartments) and I can't imagine what it would be like to move back in with them. I hope you settle soon and get back on your feet. Sorry if it's too personal, but what's this about not having friends?

Old 06-01-2011, 12:27 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E-hugs?

Old 06-03-2011, 06:50 AM

I have a couple I guess. None that offered to help me. I was technically supposed to be out by midnight and didn't finish till 7am (ate breakfast, got my kitty some food, took a nap, and went to work at 2). Was glad my mom called when it started getting late and offered to run up there. She saw me through till the end with the clean up n stuff. The one friend I thought might have helped was on vacation visiting her sister that's home from Iraq or something.

Awe thanks Aken!!

I'm gonna try n straighten this mess up the best I can today. It's my day off finally. Thankfully!! Have been slammed at work!!! Hopefully I can get my computer set up cause cbrf on the phone kinda sucks. Maybe I can go tanning. N maybe my zx14 buddy will wanna trade bikes tonight :-p. Looks kinda gloomy, but it's not supposed to rain.