Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

(Debate) New vs Old

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013 | 09:02 PM
|

Perfect example of someone's sanity I'd be questioning: 23 year old with an 1199! - Ducati 1199 Forum

Another example... but the polar opposite: 10 Questions with Dystany Spurlock, up and Coming Drag Racer - Super Streetbike Magazine

Dunno how things will turn out for the kid with the Panigale. But Dynasty is 100% and don't think she's 20 yet. Just can't tell with some people how things will turn out. But what I feel is this: right or wrong decision, once it's made the only thing we can do is affect the outcome. Spurlock had her mom supporting her and look how she's turning out.

Which is me being sneaky and saying offer support instead of admonishment

Old 01-29-2013 | 09:30 PM

If I had bought a bike without telling my parents, let alone an 1199 Panigale my parents would have disowned/killed me. That's ridiculous.

Old 01-29-2013 | 09:47 PM

and I quote: What do you say to girls who are thinking about learning to ride motorcycles?
Safety is first, first, first, first!Take the MSF course and don’t feel like you can’t do it because it is too hard. Take as much time as you need. Don’t rush into it or feel pressured—just take it at your own pace

And man is she Hot!! I need her to sit down with my woman for some gurl talk!!!

Old 01-30-2013 | 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
and I quote: What do you say to girls who are thinking about learning to ride motorcycles?
Safety is first, first, first, first!Take the MSF course and don’t feel like you can’t do it because it is too hard. Take as much time as you need. Don’t rush into it or feel pressured—just take it at your own pace

And man is she Hot!! I need her to sit down with my woman for some gurl talk!!!
Chicks on/who love sportbikes always manage to get my undivided attention. Unfortunately it's very difficult to get theirs.

Old 01-30-2013 | 09:47 PM

i only wish more woman had a general interest in sport riding and motorcycling in general.. i think many of them find it inherently dangerous and simply opt the thought out of their heads immediately.
I've been with my girlfriend for almost 6 years and yes shes def hot! but like many really has never had any interest wanting to learn how to ride...actually after many years im just getting her warmed up to the idea of a couple of trips on my bike and I've offered her many chances to allow me to buy her own bike or even scooter...nope . tells me it would be a waste of money..
i think this would make a great thread: How to get more woman on their own bikes!!
and i have to say, ive been riding for a lonnngggg time and although its def changed alittle bit.. the real over-all numbers are still really weak... My hat goes off to the ones who have found out for them selves how enjoyable riding really is...
anyway just random thought!!
jay

Old 01-30-2013 | 10:05 PM
|

Seems Ms. Spurlock has a couple new fans. Here's something for y'all. Try not to wince

Especially when you see her time

Old 01-30-2013 | 11:01 PM

that was awesome Kuro...
thanks i def enjoyed that!!!!

Old 01-31-2013 | 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
i only wish more woman had a general interest in sport riding and motorcycling in general.. i think many of them find it inherently dangerous and simply opt the thought out of their heads immediately.
I've been with my girlfriend for almost 6 years and yes shes def hot! but like many really has never had any interest wanting to learn how to ride...actually after many years im just getting her warmed up to the idea of a couple of trips on my bike and I've offered her many chances to allow me to buy her own bike or even scooter...nope . tells me it would be a waste of money..
i think this would make a great thread: How to get more woman on their own bikes!!
and i have to say, ive been riding for a lonnngggg time and although its def changed alittle bit.. the real over-all numbers are still really weak... My hat goes off to the ones who have found out for them selves how enjoyable riding really is...
anyway just random thought!!
jay
I couldn't date a woman who wasn't at least interested in some of the stuff I was.
This really doesn't apply to the ladies on here but your statement of 'it would be a waste of money' IMO is a bit of a microcosm of why a lot of women have so much guy troubles. If you aren't interested in HIS hobbies, at least some of them and aren't willing to try, then it's going to be a recipe for disaster. I may get torched on here for making that statement, but they are my observations. Same for you fellas, if you willingly choose a woman who has no interest in any of your hobbies, you are most likely setting yourself up for failure in that relationship.
LOL...fortunately several women here where I work have complimented my 954 and a couple have jokingly threatened to steal it. Unfortunately they are all taken/unavailable.
In addition to sportbikes, I do a lot of freeride (and some downhill) mountain biking. She doesn't have to go *****-to-the-wall with freeriding, but I would hope that she would be at least try cross-country mtn biking.

Apologies...got a bit off-topic there.

Last edited by Sportbike_Mike; 01-31-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-31-2013 | 07:43 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine
If I had bought a bike without telling my parents, let alone an 1199 Panigale my parents would have disowned/killed me. That's ridiculous.
easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission. my parents didn't find out i had a motorcycle until i was 3 1/2 years into it

isnt dystany spurlock sponsored by shinko? i've seen her in a few SSB mags i think. did anyone see that teen girl on speed's pass time that rode the zx14? she can ride a bike too!

Old 01-31-2013 | 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice
easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.
LOL...I live by that phrase.
Though being single and living by myself in my own house, I don't have to do much of either. Drinking my milk straight from the jug comes to mind.

Quick Reply: (Debate) New vs Old