Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Death in the family. (Person or pets)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 07:07 AM
Default RE: Death in the family. (Person or pets)

sorry to hear about that. im sure class just sucked and was in one ear and out the other until you could get home.

i remember a few years back, we had a golden retriever that had aurthitis (sp?) in her back legs. it got so bad that she couldnt get up after lying down......or i'd have to lift her back up onto our porch for her to get back in the house...and she was obviously suffering. so my mom made the decision to put her down. i came home that day and i remember the dog was just in a whole' nother mood as if she knew. i grabbed a box of her bones and just dumped'em out and was like "have at it".

i think the death of a family pet is always tuff. you get them, teach them so much, they grow on'ya. you begin to have a great bond w/ them.

well, i hope you're feeling better bro

Old 08-29-2007 | 10:01 AM
Registered Users

hey man...resident dog wacco here (refer to Vick threads for more info...haha)....

sorry for your loss man...i was allergic to dogs until i was 21...now i have two...lol....huge ones at that...a shepherd and st.bernard.....my mom's dog (my first dog at 22)....died on the operating table during a procedure to see what was wrong with her stomach...she died from the anesthesia....it broke my mother's heart...it happened 3 months ago and she still hasn't quite dealt with it yet....just know he's in doggy heaven right now (what my wife says)....time will heal....

and yeah the "Rainbow Bridge" is a must read for any pet lover....

Old 08-29-2007 | 10:41 AM

I have two dogs that are both 5 years old, a Welsh Border Collie and a Siberian Husky, I am not looking forward to losing them i just know my son will want to get some more dogs once they go.
Death is funny, its one of the only things we all share in common and yet it is the hardest thing to deal with.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Old 08-29-2007 | 11:37 AM

when i was younger we had a Shi-Tzu for like 12-13 years. He started having seizures and I swear I watched him die in my room one day, then he slowly started blinking and breathing. Then 5 minutes later he got up and was running around like normal. Weird stuff. A week or so later he died. I think he may have had a stroke, but I like to think he was saying goodbye. That was pretty hard on me and still gets me when I think about it. About 4 years ago too. Now I have my cat, and Im hoping she lives to be like 20, my ex always wanted to get rid of her when she lived with me, and at one point I tried b/c I couldnt afford the deposit at the apt for her, but I just couldn't get rid of her and borrowed the money. She is 3 now.

Old 08-29-2007 | 12:39 PM

Two of my toughest animal losses were golden retrievers we had when growing up. The first one saved my life when I was 12 and ice skating on the lake. I fell through, came back up and was using my elbows to get my out butI couldn't get my whole body out until she bit at my collar to help pull me out. She died within a year of that. We got another one after that and she was the best dog a kid could ask for. While we swam she would pull up rocks out of the water and take them up on shore, my Dad's mower didn't like that though.