Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Death in the family. (Person or pets)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007 | 05:31 PM
Default Death in the family. (Person or pets)

Well I get off work today to a phone call saying my German shepard of 13 years died this afternoon. So im stuck in class with that til 2130 which completly sucks. Any one else have someone or something close passaway recently? (Not to bring up bad memories.)

Old 08-28-2007 | 05:43 PM
Default RE: Death in the family. (Person or pets)

Awww, that sucks. Im sorry to hear that. I am a big fan of german shepherds. Wonderful dogs, I grew up with them as my pets. My hardest loss Ive had to cope with was the loss of my beloved german shepherd as a child. She got ran over. I had just brushed her coat hours before it happened. I still have a small bag of her fur.

my thoughts are with you

Old 08-28-2007 | 05:47 PM

I remember crying all the way home from the vet after he put our Doberman Reno down. I just kept saying "I want my dog back" in between sobs. It really sucked and I really miss him. Very intelligent dog.

Old 08-28-2007 | 06:01 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss, that's a tough one.

Old 08-28-2007 | 06:46 PM

sorry for your loss. that is the main reason i don't want pets anymorei become attached and when they pass its really hard on me. i loss my rotty 5 years ago and i stil have a hard time with my wifes dog .

Old 08-28-2007 | 06:55 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dog coming up to a year ago,it was tough, one minute she was fine & next she just collasped, late at night so emergency home vet call, was cancer. He put her down while I craddled her head in my arms, So I live with both the grief & the guilt. A lot of people don't understand the bond we have with our animals, I think I have greived more for my dog than I have for anything or anyone else.
It will get better, but allow yourself the luxury of grieving.
Rainbow Bride Poem
www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Old 08-28-2007 | 07:21 PM

Sorry to hear about your dog. I know how it feels.... While preparing breakfast before school, I noticed my shetland sheepdog (mini Lassie) wasn't around (he usually wakes up and meets me in the kitchen). I found him in the laundry room and not responding to me, but his eyes were open. Turns out he had a stroke and had a tough time walking. My family decided to put him to sleep because we didn't want him to suffer any longer. 1 month later, my other dog, a cocker spaniel, had surgery to remove a cyst on his anus. An hour after we dropped him off, the vet called us and told us he died. It was a TOUGH period for us all. We got another cocker spaniel and named him after my other cocker spaniel.

and oh... we found a new vet! We also got specialized license plate for my parents car in memory of my dogs, MAR NIK for Marcus and Nikky.

Old 08-28-2007 | 07:26 PM

That was an excellent poem. Excuse me for wiping my eyes. Pets are a beautiful presence in an ugly world. That is why I despise people such as Michael Vick.

Old 08-28-2007 | 09:34 PM

Sorry to hear about you dog Schira. We have 2young terriers now that are three years old. We lost our last dog about three and a half years ago. It was a Saturday morning when my wife ran outside to tell me he was having a seizure. I picked him up and we rushed to the emergency vet clinic. He came out of it in the car on the way but could only move his head. Cheryl was frantic. When we arrived the vet took him right away. It wasn't long before he came back and told us that nothing could be done and that he must be put down. Wewere in an examination room with him and were able to pet him while he drifted offafter the vet gave him the needle. Man it was hard. I cryed, but Cheryl, my god, on the way home she cryed so much that at one pointI had to pull over for her to puke.

Old 08-28-2007 | 10:24 PM

sorry to hear about your dog, it's been a while but i had a dog get run over about 10 years ago and i was devastated. my fiance and i have two dogs, and i can't imagine how i'd feel if anything were to happen to them because they're like our children. we had a close call with one of our dogs a couple months ago, he was almost run over but fortunately the truck stopped just in time (the truck came to a stop with the tire justtouching the dog's chest, the dog had rolled over on his back when the truck got close for some reason).

Quick Reply: Death in the family. (Person or pets)