Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!

I can't believe I missed all the fun. I was watching the allstar game and didn't watch the race. I'm going to go drink out of the toilet now. I love blue water.
I was in Walmart (ha ha) a couple week ago and I was talking to my boy about Travis Pastrana being a pretty good driver, the new Nitro Circus, othersummer X Games crap and tricks etc......The older man (mid to late 50s) on line behind us heard us talking and says "Travis Pistrami? Listen Dale Ernhart is the best driver ther ever was!"
Me being the wise *** that I am I say "who the hell is Dale Ernhart, is he a stripper?" If I was in a bar and not at Walmart this guy probably would have broke a bottle over my head. Living in N.Y. there a pretty good nascar following I guess by the amount of cars that have those little number tags in the windows that I see and allegedly it's Americas most popular sport. I can understand the passion and lovefor sports in general because as much as I hate nascar there're obviously people that love it twice as much. What I can't understand is the rock throwing, hating mentality behind those that love it for the people that don't see why it's even on T.V. for less have a channel dedicated to it.[sm=rant.gif]

Old 02-19-2007, 01:42 AM

I would actually LOVE for their to be a nascar channel, maybe we'd get speed channel back and not have to wait until TUESDAY MORNING to watch the first motorcycle race of the season (World Superbike) for this type of ****:

NASCAR this morning, NASCAR lunch, Life Styles of the NASCAR and Famous, Cooking with NASCAR, NASCAR Today, NASCAR Poker, Re-air NASCAR this monring and Car Crazy.
lol

Old 02-19-2007, 03:36 AM

NASCAR this morning, NASCAR lunch, Life Styles of the NASCAR and Famous, Cooking with NASCAR, NASCAR Today, NASCAR Poker, Re-air NASCAR this monring and Car Crazy.
That's funny right there but that's what I'm talking about. There is no more Speed.[:@] It's nascar now, nascar all the time.[:'(] With a over priced auction thrown in to break it up a little.[:'(]

Old 02-19-2007, 06:31 AM

thats how big it it. once like 5 monthes ago, i counted how many shows there was on tv about nascar, there was 29.

edit: o wow good old jeff finished 10th and he carshed. how amazing. i yea it does not matter that he crashed its that he passed the finish line. one he was leading a race and on the final lap(some gay guy)kevin spun him out like 50 feet from the finishline. he had to stand there wreked watching all the cars pass him and cross the line. add a nother top 10 to the book.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:34 PM

They do have safe-barrier walls at all their tracks now (well 90% of them). Its a styrofoam, fiberglass compiound they use for about 3 feat and then pure styrofoam and then the wall. Its not like its just a hunk of cement anymore.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:50 PM

I'm sure styrofoam helps at 180mph

thats what you call a track band-aid

random question but does nascar race in the rain?

Old 02-19-2007, 02:22 PM

it does. racers have said its so much softer.

no only on road courses. they have rain tires. racing in the rain at it super spead way would be retarted. cars spin out so easy now imgine with rain.

Infineon Raceway
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Watkins Glen International
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez

Old 02-19-2007, 03:04 PM

woody, you are a great guy, and have helped me out numerous times, but no offense, please stop trying to pick a fight with us nascar fans. last time i checked it was an off topic thread, so dont get mad about people talking stock car racing on your precious bike forum, there have been plenty of stupid sh*t said on the off-topic thread before and will be in the future. thats what off topic means last time i checked.

I dont know who it was that interrupted the racing thread before but ill say it again. It takes hard work to drive a stockcar. You could never do it, and neither could I. Now it is kinda difficult to argue with you because you race bikes, so you know what hard work goes into that too, so you feel you have to proove yourself when you diss nascar because moto-racing is "harder". Just because they go in one direction for the majority of the season doesnt mean its not hard.

Thats all im gonna say since you are a nice guy, and im in no means trying to pick a fight (online fighting is the lowest you can go in my book) lol.

Please woody, if you dont like Nascar, thats ok. Dont reply to every single thread on the topic about something we already know.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:42 PM

I'm not trying to pick a fight at all
I don't see why my voicing my opinion is an issue,whats the point in starting a thread saying "I like xxxx" if all you want to hear is "yeah me too" this is a discussion forum not "agree with me or don't talk" forum

I was going to quit posting when james asked me to drop it until people started replying to and about me and even then I tried to keep it open and non-critical, I dropped the "driving in circles" thing and asked a few questions and voiced an opionion that the organization of nascar has some major issues, again not getting into my opinions on the sport out of respect for the fans of nascar on this board.

I also made it clear more than once that I don't think its easy to race nascar and that it does take skill, again I stated that its not my cup of tea, if I said it in an offensive way I apologize, I get fired up easily.

I gave nascar a legitimate chance more times than I want to recall, and have decided that it doesn't interest me in the slightest, I will try to watch one of their road course races because thats what I think racing should be

Yes I do get excited about this easily because the sport I love is getting pushed aside more and more every day by the tv networks in favor of nascar poker and all that other crap, despite the fact that motorcycle racing is growing in the US at an incredible rate. We're being ignored as is other types of car racing. Thats what bothers me a LOT more than my opinion of the racing itself.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:32 PM

i agree that roadracing is not being talked about, let alone hardly televised in the states and it does need to be...

again im cool wit ya and just wanted to try and clear up stuff with us hoosiers, lol

Quick Reply: Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!