Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!

DAMMIT Kurt Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 02-18-2007, 07:54 PM

yeah I know that crossed the line

to be fair though, I live in Mississippi so talking to people like they're slow is habbit lol

anyway, one thing I think should be mentioned is that motorcycle racing as with other non-mainstream racing series cannot possibly cater to as wide of an audience as nascar because to really grasp how amazing these guys can ride, you have to know how difficult it really is. I never really followed racing that much until I did a trackday and watched the AMA guys race at the same track
you start to notice how exactly absolutely perfect they go through a corner, how freakishly hard they brake, and you see how intensly focused and driven they are which is something that your average channel flipper probably wouldn't notice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI7DT8_hlsc

Old 02-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

and I dare somebody to tell me driving a car in a circle for 500 miles is as tough or takes as much skill as riding a race bike on a road course for 200 miles
I think the precision, accuracyand focus required to race a piece of crap caron a big oval has to be tremendous, much harder to to do than we can imagine especially when you are talking hours and hours of the same f***ing thing. I HATE NASCAR, but to miss a wall by 3 inches a couple of hundred times and then draft the rest of the timegotta be hard. I think the drivers are very talented, but the skinny tires, pushrod, carburated, restrictor plate, 30 year old technology racecar gotta go. Gimme F1, motoGPor WRC any day of the week.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:11 PM

dammit Earnheart! was in 10th now 14th..we will see after caution restart

Old 02-18-2007, 08:13 PM

all racing back in the day had walls and stuff like that
all of the other types of racing just had the sense to get rid of walls and concrete in favor of gravel run-off but that would have hurt attendance (drivers safety obviously wasn't as important as the $)
in fact, IOMTT anybody?

I do have respect for the drivers, just not the nascar organization
it could be a great sport but again they choose $ over everything else

Old 02-18-2007, 09:17 PM

What a Finish! I thought Mark was gonna finally get it...If it was any other race, he probably would have been drafted forward and won off respect, but the 500 is every man for himself...Good Race!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:17 PM

OMG WOW one of the best races i have ever seen. beautiful my hart pounding and so excited. i would of payed to watch this race. this race left me speechless. jeff finished 12 and he crshed as he crossed finish like. Good try mark. good try.

woodyracing pleas dont ruen the meaning of this beautiful race. ok we know u dont like it so stop posting it plz. its getting old, i am not being rude. i wanted to talk about how good this race is not wut u think of nacar.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:00 PM

lol
thats what you get for posting about nascar on a motorcycle board but I'll leave it alone for now

Old 02-18-2007, 10:19 PM

Ok race, thought DEI would do better like they always do. Kinda pissed that Martin lost it right at the end like that, the ole veteran has never won a 500 and he's a nice guy, don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about him, but....it's the 500, don't see anyone giving up any sympathy out there towards the checkered.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

all racing back in the day had walls and stuff like that
all of the other types of racing just had the sense to get rid of walls and concrete in favor of gravel run-off but that would have hurt attendance (drivers safety obviously wasn't as important as the $)
in fact, IOMTT anybody?

I do have respect for the drivers, just not the nascar organization
it could be a great sport but again they choose $ over everything else
The walls keep the cars contained and also in the race allot of times. Depending on the track, cars will beat that thing all day as opposed to running off in a gravel trap and being out or far behind. You see this mostly on the short-tracks like Bristol where aerodynamics play little role. I see what your saying though, NASCAR has gotten totally about the money, for every one fan they losethat liked it before it went all mainstage (like myself) they're gaining 10 new fans that like the newer look.

Quick Reply: Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!