Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!

ORIGINAL: WWW.NASCAR.COM

Who will win Sunday's 49th Daytona 500?

[/align] David Gilliland[/align] 2499 2%

[/align] Tony Stewart
34618 30%

[/align] Jeff Gordon[/align] 16886 15%

[/align] Dale Earnhardt Jr.[/align] 31935 28%

[/align] Jimmie Johnson[/align] 4989 4%

[/align] Someone else[/align] 25178 22% [/align] [/align]
[/align]
it looks like the fans are with u D2MEclipseGT_600RR

ITS RACE TIME!!!
Boogity Boogity Boogity! Lets go racing boys!!!

Old 02-18-2007, 04:37 PM

nascrap is more about drafting, pit stops, running into each other, etc than actually pushing limits of yourself and your vehicle
it takes all the hunger and drive out of racing and dumbs it all down into an easy to understand left hand turn only redneck-athon

its not about going a little faster through a corner than the other guy, its about drafting past him or bumping into him to make him crash
thats not what racing is about, or at least its not how it should be

when how much gas you have in your tank or what lap you come in for a pit stop is more important than driving skill or cornering ability, you've lost something important and nascrap certainly has

the racing isn't important to them anymore (hasn't been for a LONG time from what i've heard), its all about the marketing and the fact is driving in circles is easy to understand and easy to watch

I like watching F1, WRC, and other car racing series that involve actual racing but nascrap is a joke to me

aLOT of people disagree with me and i'm fine with that, I just can't seem to stay awake watching a nascrap race but I know first hand how intense motorcycle racing is

oh and if your going to compare nascrap to motorcycle racing, compare it to MotoGP or WSBK, AMA Superbike hasn't been good the last few years just because the manufs started spreading to other classes so they could all brag about championships the same year without actually beating each other

this year all the big 4 will be in Superbike with some awesome riders riding for all of them, so it should be MUCH more exciting but FX and superstock were both great last year anyway

Old 02-18-2007, 04:57 PM

if you think its so easy hop into a stock car and go for a few laps then woody.. youll find out it is about going faster through a corner, driving skills...there so much computer assisted stuff on an f1 car it doesnt count...nascar is all about man handling the car around the track...a few years ago they took an f1 driver and put him in a stock car and put the stock car driver in the f1 car...the f1 driver couldnt control wheelspin b/c he was used to his computer assisted wheel spin controller so its not as easy as it looks

Old 02-18-2007, 05:20 PM

wooody watvh this full race today and then see how it is. then if u dont like it then u can really have a reson y u dont like it. i have watch all the bike racing out there it is just not good racing.

ther is no kind of racing in the world where driving skill is the most important part. with out the equipment your nothing, even bike racing, so your wrong on that.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:35 PM

did I say it was easy or that I could do it?

didn't think so

yes there are skills required to do well in nascrap and its not an easy sport but does that make it good racing? Even with the skills involved its more important to have the best car or the best strategies than it is to be the best driver out there, which imo ruins the whole damn thing
put Jeff Gordon or whoever you want in a back of the pack car and see how far back he finishes
Now put Rossi on aback of the pack bike(ie Yamaha M1 ~2004) and see how he finishes (he won the championshipthe next 2 years)

all your example says is that you put a guy that is used to racing a car using full throttle all the time, into a car that doesn't have the electronics to allow for that and he didn't figure it out right away

doesn't explain why not being able to use full throttle makes for better racing

F1, MotoGP, etc use TC because they have 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc gear corners that require a lot of braking and therefore a lot of acceleration, nascrap cars go in circles and don't have to slow down much if any for the turns. Wheelspin is a little more uncontrollable when your going from 50mph to 180mph than it is when your going from 170 mph to 180mph, so the two aren't comparable

if F1 cars didn't have TC they would have to be at 10% throttle coming out of a lot of those really tight corners and (not sure if you knew this) but thats not condusive to fast lap times or good racing

Old 02-18-2007, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

wooody watvh this full race today and then see how it is. then if u dont like it then u can really have a reson y u dont like it. i have watch all the bike racing out there it is just not good racing.

ther is no kind of racing in the world where driving skill is the most important part. with out the equipment your nothing, even bike racing, so your wrong on that.
i've watched it before, quite a few times in fact, I gave it a chance and it was terrible
like I said, there was no thrill to it for me

in motorcycle racing the rider is the biggest part of the equation by a long shot
Again, I reference rossi on the Yamaha
when he first got on that bike it was a back of the pack finisher, even with pretty good riders
it was down on horespower, handling, electronics
he wasn't allowed to test it but I think one time before the first race of the season and he won not only the first race but the championship that year on a bike that was generally considered the POS of MotoGP

oh and several of the top nascrap racers will tell you straight up that they're MotoGP fans, 2 or 3 follow it religiously

Old 02-18-2007, 05:55 PM

if F1 cars didn't have TC they would have to be at 10% throttle coming out of a lot of those really tight corners and (not sure if you knew this) but thats not condusive to fast lap times or good racing
OH MY GOD..your serious??? wow i never would of known that you had to push the pedal down to make fast lap times and good racing..i thought it was just alot of stickers on your car and drive..so you really have to mash the pedal down?? huh...thats interesting..

Old 02-18-2007, 06:12 PM

not even voting cause you give your guy and no 1 else.lol

Old 02-18-2007, 06:14 PM

lol sorry got a little carried away with that one but you get the point

Old 02-18-2007, 06:19 PM

yeah i got the point.. i can respect anothers view point. LOL i just hate it when someone speak to you like your slow. it grates on every nerve i have

Quick Reply: Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!