Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!

oh i'm sure as hell from a redneck state (mississippi) but I don't pull my house to all of the nascrap races like so many of those retards I've seen going to talladega

what exactly do ya'll find so entertaining about nascrap? (serious question)

Old 02-18-2007, 12:56 PM

Why did the banner change?

Old 02-18-2007, 12:58 PM

haha dude thats hilarious!

Old 02-18-2007, 01:00 PM

drafting, the speeds, teamwork, crashes, fights, the hope for jeff to win, sometimes its a gas thing and do they have enogh to win/finish the race(in many races some of the leaders run out of fuel on the last lap and finish 20 or worse) and many more,

Old 02-18-2007, 01:06 PM

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice [sm=drlove.gif]

[/quote]

Old 02-18-2007, 01:36 PM

Jeff Gaydon will NOT win. I am predicting DNF for him.

Tony Stewart is a favorite for this race, and my favorite too!!! The only thing that kind erks me is how everyone is saying rednecks watch this and race. Have any of you that claim that ever watched it???? How many "rednecks" do you see being interviewed???? Not many. Somemay have a southern accent, but none of them are walking around in their cowboy hats or anything like that. They dont drive up in the Ford Rangers on their 33x12.50's with the rebel flag. I think a lot of it is just because you dont find it interesting its bad.

People arent on here saying, oooohhh, AMA's its like a bunch of puney men ridingon a track trying to feel bigger and better on their buke because they only weight a buck ten. They need something to compensate. Blah blah blah. Sorry about the rant, but some of you seem "close minded".

I am not saying everyone is being like that,not at all, but I am tried or hearing all the stereotypical crap. I dont consider myself a redneck. I am not drunk or drinking when I watch it, I am notsitting there in my cut off jeans and no shirt (or plad shirt)

And yeah, Juan Pablo Montoya is racing. They have him running a full season (or close to it) I believe.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:23 PM

uhh yeah so its justa bunch of rednecks (except for montoya) that drive around in a huge circle turning left for 500 miles??????? whats not to like?????? lol thats sarcasm for ya lol i dont even see the whole excitement behind it except for when they crash and even those arent entertaining enough to tune in for.... oh well qatar starts on 10 march so i will definately be watchin some really skilled people race then lol

Old 02-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Retired Moderator

Thanks Fats...thanks a lot! It's Sunday and I already have to go to church with Eva Mendez on the brain, now I have Gordon cleavage in my craw, too. Talk about target fixation.

It is interesting to me that you either LOVE Nascar or you HATE Nascar. I have never heard anyone say they think it is alright, or they like to watch it sometimes. It sure does come up on this forum alot, though. Someone should start the "official unofficial Nascar thread". It could get out of hand...like a bunch ofHamms drinkin'sister f_ckers watchin' Nascar and picking lint out of their belly buttons.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Geeeez lighten up folks. Like any other sport, it has it's details and skills that make it interesting, just whatever you like. I like NASCAR as compared to Formula cause the cars can rub and beat on each other, makes for some good competition, all the tracks are different with degrees of banking, track surface and so on. Thats like me saying I hate Drag racing cause it's a bunch of fools holding the wheel straight and going in a straight line for a whopping quarter mile. That would be ignorant, even if I don't see it, I am sure there is something special about putting a few thousand horses to the pavement. Same with NASCAR, you have 40 or so cars ripping along high banked corners at 190mph, just mere inches from one another. One screw-up and your done. Pit strategies, tires, teaming up, it all plays a role. All the tracks are very different, sure most of them are left handers, but it does have an impact.And the days of all the racers being red-necks are comming to an end, and thier fans are pretty close behind.Some of the racers are college educated, and not all are from the south. The idea that the drivers are these pabst drinking chain smokers waiting to load up thier cars on a horse trailer are long gone. As for the infield, well, going to a race is 3-4 day event, most go there to camp by thursday so they can watch qualifying on friday, watch the busch race on saturday and the cup on sunday, so the infiend camping is to NASCAR what tailgating is to football fans. Geez we haven't ever seen idiot sports fans have we?? I am not a huge NASCAR fan, I watch a few key races throughout the year, pick up a paper time to time to see whats happening, but I do that for all sports, whether I'm into them or not. I can appreciate any kind of racing, be it Horses, Hydroplane,or Pylon racing, it's all good to me.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:07 PM

its go time...lets go racing! WHOOT WHOOT

Quick Reply: Daytona 500!!! TODAY!!!