Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DAMNIT!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAMNIT!

A younger kid from my town just bought a brand new '08 RR a couple months ago. I'm a little curious how he can afford it, because he is going to college and all. Also, why the heck would he buy a new one. I can't say that im not a little jealous, because I want a pearl white RR, but I already have an F4i and I dont want to sell it unless I can get a decent amount of money for it.

Is it wrong to be secretly awaiting the demise of his brand new unscathed plastics ? Because I know its going to happen because he rides like a wuss. I also know that even though he only scratched one side. he's going to replace every last piece.

Side note, another kid from town who's also younger than me bought a brand new gixxer, and frequently rides it without glasses/a helmet, which is illegal, and insane, its great to see him squinting down the road because he can hardly open his eyes. He, is the epitomy of squid, [:-].

Old 08-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Default RE: DAMNIT!

don't pay too much attention to what the other children are doing. many of them will be living in cardboard boxes 20 years from now. getting into deep debt for a motorcycle is never smart. having mommy and daddy buy everything for you is not very smart either.

just focus on your own riding and be safe out there.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:51 AM

Yeah, thats what I do. I'm proud because I can say I paid my motorcycle off, and I'm paying for the insurance all by myself. I'm sure one way or another he's getting help, or in debt. Currently the only debt I have is educational, and that will be long gone here in a few months.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 AM

Don't knock on him for buying a new bike to learn on. Give him a few weeks and he'll get the hang of it. There's no point in making fun of someone because they're starting out...or that they can afford a new bike while you can't.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:10 AM

Im not making fun of him, and he cant afford it, that was my point. He makes less money than I do, and he's going to college. I'm knocking on him cuz everyone falls, sooner or later. I would rather fall on a 5k bike with scratches already than a 9k bike. If you new the town you would understand, everyone here tries to outdo everyone else, and it pisses me off. I could care less if he buys a bike. It just makes me a little jealous and I have to resist the urge to go buy that pearl white RRs that ive been looking at all season.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:48 AM

Ah I see....I live in a city with a million people and nobody really cares what you have or if you can afford it. I can't wait to get my R1, doesn't matter whether or not i'm paying for it

Old 08-23-2008, 04:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive gone into debt more than once for a bike (like 6 or 7 times), bike lovers are the meat of dealerships & finance companies. We walk in & start drooling over a particular model, have to have it, 'Must get bike, bike gooood'. Fortunately there are a lot of places (if your working) than can give you the bucks, without sacrificing your soul. Do you guys have Credit u-n-i-o-n-s there?
As for Mum & Dad forking out the reddies for his bike, half his bloody luck mate. 'No mum & dad, I simple cannot take your generous offer of cash, simply to satisfy this over powering urge to purchase a **** hot piece of machinery, that I'm going to wring the nuts off'.
But I sympathies with you, I'd have a touch of the Green Eyed monster myself, often do.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:06 AM

Hell Id love it if my parents just up and bought me a brand new bike. lol Im gonna buy one of those new ones anyways though. Speaking of debt for a motorcycle.. I dont understand financing anything really. Ive always been a firm believer of cash sales. Then again I don't have any credit. :/

Oh yeah and I know plenty of people who got a lot from their parents. When I graduated from high school I didnt send letters to my family to invite them to the graduation (really theyre meant to beg for money) and I wasnt given anything for graduation. I know plenty of kids that got brand new cars or $10,000 cash but I say screw that noise. It would be nice to have stuff like that just handed to you, but I doubt you'd love the motorcycle as much if you hadnt worked so hard for the money to buy it.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:29 AM

im from a small town too, i know how everybody tries to out do each other. but maybe if you met up with him, talked and rode a lil bit, maybe everything will be cool.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny thread, and you need to get a life if this is the kind of subject you like to post about. Who gives a damn if he falls (and yes, hoping he does makes you the childish one). Who cares what he can afford or how much debt he's in?

If you were half the person you seem to think you are you'd be arranging group rides to help celebrate the fact that another rider got a new Honda and helping him NOT fall and damage his bike.

What the hell were you thinking?

Quick Reply: DAMNIT!