Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

damn you cbrforum

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: damn you cbrforum

its part this site. its slow. one of the slowist ones i go to. i think they need a faster server. + all the ads make everything download lower.

Good job going to firefox.

voodoo firefox is faster, has a ton of addons, built in search bar(no need for a full toolbar like IE) and more but i dont wanna type anymore i am eating.

Safari is good i used it. one big problem it runs on mac.[:'(]

Old 02-18-2007, 10:39 AM

What exactly do you guys mean by freezing?

Sometimes, I click a link or a thread or whatever and it just sits there acting like it's going to go, but doesn't. My browser isn't locked up though, I can press the back button or switch to another tab in the browser and everything else works. If that's what you are talking about this is what I do.

After a second, I re-click the link, wait another second and click it a 3rd time. For whatever reason, the 3rd time ALWAYS works? I know that is gonna sound strange and I don't know why it is, but that is my experience. I am using FireFox and this happens on a couple forums I go to.

The biggest problem is when I click the OK button to submit a post. You can't click the button multiple times because it is disabled after the first click. I'll wait a few seconds and if it doesn't go through, I just copy what I typed, hit the back button, then paste it into a new post again and that always works too.

Oh, and just for the record, this site is not slow for me at all... one of the faster sites I go to.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

After a second, I re-click the link, wait another second and click it a 3rd time. For whatever reason, the 3rd time ALWAYS works? I know that is gonna sound strange and I don't know why it is, but that is my experience. I am using FireFox and this happens on a couple forums I go to.

Oh, and just for the record, this site is not slow for me at all... one of the faster sites I go to.
yea thats exacly what happens to me and i do that too.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

yea thats exacly what happens to me and i go that too.
This same thing happens on my lap top computer, running XP without service pack II (can't download it for some reason).

On my home computer, running 98 (it's pretty old), I can view the threads, but can not post or reply to anything.

I'm using the lap top now.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What exactly do you guys mean by freezing?
Exactly what you said.

Hit and miss for me. Sometimes that works sometimes still nothing happens.

Speed not an issue for me but it does stall quite often ... don't have that issue with other sites.

Thought it was just me but if it's happening to this many people there's def. a bug in the matrix.
I would report the bug to http://www.aspplayground.net/ or whomever the site developer is.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Retired Moderator

You guys are explaining exactly what happens to me. That is reassuring, because I thought my computer was overwhelmed with spyware or something. Now that I know it is common, I will just live with it.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:44 PM

IE7 is also a resource hog.....But its mostly the site, if theres alot of traffic it will run slower also, thats why when theres alot of people logged on it runs slower then when fewer people are logged on.

I thought u meant the IE actually freezes and you get an end task program not responding box pop up...thats usually your computer sucks or IE just freezing up liek it wants to do every so often....Firefox is better and more stable.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:42 PM

IE is like a backdoor for spyware, firefox gets alot less