damn it man

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn it man

I got a reckless driving ticket and operating a motorcycke on one wheel last night. I just got my liscense (sp.) back 2 weeks ago from abogus suspension. I guess im gunna have to get a lawyer cause i was not recklessi barely pulled the front wheel up and i wasnt speeding or nothing....i cant even RIDE a wheelie yet.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Default RE: damn it man

Say it was an accident and that your hand slipped on the throttle or something. If you weren't riding it there's a chance they'll buy it. Claim you don't know how, want to be a safe rider, change the stereotype, etc...good luck dude, that's some bull**** but I understand why they give tickets out for stuntin in the streets, not that you were but I get why they do.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 AM

That sucks man, but obviously you have a bad driving record since you just got your license back from a suspension. Thats not going to look very good in court. Hope you get it figured out, and good luck.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tyson_rr

i barely pulled the front wheel up
Whether you rode it for a mile or pulled it up briefly, it's still a wheelie. I don't mean to sound like an ***, but you just get your license back, and you are already out riding aggressively enough to pull the front wheel up? No offense man, but it seems like you asked for it.

Good luck in court though.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:51 PM

yeah some how they gave me separate tickets but in theillinois law book it says riding on one wheel is a reckless driving charge?? Anyhow my suspension was only because of 2 speeding tickets in a car and they were almost 2 yrs apart.....only had one ticket on my bike and i got court supervision......anyway i am gunna try telling the judge it was accidental. the cop didnt even see me do it someone called in a complaint and they hunted us down my 2 friends with me got neglegent driving and they werent doing anything wrong at all. I think the cop was trying to look cool in front of the other 6 cops that showed up on the scene.....I completed the MSF classes so i got that on my side i just wanna at least get court supervision.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:34 PM

Being from the Law Enforcement world, if you lifed it up, your in the wrong... I hate it for ya!!! Plus if you have a prior history of riding fast (car or bike), the judge isn't gonna want to hear it... My girl took a speedy ticket last yr & went to court & had herpassengers to write statements in her behalf & as soon as the judge saw she had 2 speeding tickets in a 18 month time frame, he had no mercy!!! Best thing you cando, is take a safety course prior to the court date to show you want to be a safe rider. But that still may not help...

Old 05-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be happy! now you have a legit suspension!

Old 05-14-2007, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

be happy! now you have a legit suspension!
Hahahaha! Tahoe, you'll be the end of us all!

You may have to eat this ticket/suspension in the end though. Certainly doesn't look good with the previous one.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:28 PM

my buddy did his 1st wheelie ever today and than got pulled over haha, but the sheriff's dept are pretty lax around here, as long as it isnt one of those damn motorcycle cops...top it off, he doesnt have his plates on either and was riding with an ipod. Deputy told him it was illegal to have earphones, wheres your plate, no wheelies... my freind is from guam and so he was like o i didnt know i couldnt have earphones, i just got the bike getting a feel for it yadayada. But you could prob. throw out the card, i miss shifted bcuz i havent been riding a lot recently bcuz of my last suspension and i slipped the clucth out whilie giving it gas and it came up on accident.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:48 AM

yeh my friend got to wreckless driving tickets around here and got court supervision for both so hopefully i will be alrite.