Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dam flat tire!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dam flat tire!!!

I believe I rode 15 miles to work on a rear flat tire. I noticed it was kinda hard to roll backwards out of the garage and then when I took a right turn the front wheel moved on me while turning. Got done with work and moved the bike around in the shop so I could push it forward and it was hard to move. Got it outside and noticed the back tire looked low. Kicked it and yup. Flat tire. Aint that a bitch.

The upside is I have a single side arm so I just took the muff off and popped 4 lug nuts off and BAM! tire is off.

Whats ya'll flat tire expirences?

Old 08-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Dam flat tire!!!

dont have one yet.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:39 AM

I just did a new rear and it was 249 otd....OWWWIEEEEE

Old 08-18-2007, 07:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their only flat on the bottom of the tyre!. Been lucky myself with flats, only had a couple, but had a bike on its side stand (not the CBR) as the rear tyre went flat, bike stood upright & feel on its its right side & totalled the fairing. With my cars I've had heaps over the years, but at least you have a spare with them (most times).

Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 AM

Well, the place I went wouldnt patch the tire. They said they were having a sale (of course) so I got the same rear (Dunlop Qualifier, 180/55 ZR-17) for $120. I thought it would be around $200. Pissed that I just replaced a new tire with another new tire, but I'll get it patched and now I'll have two spare rears. [8D]

Old 08-18-2007, 11:53 AM

did you try I-27 Marine? they're a Suzuki dealer but their service guys are pretty cool, they could probably patch it up for you. i don't have any experience with other motorcycle mechanics here in Lubbock, but there's another place at University and the south loop (just outside the loop) that i've heard is alright. i think they sell Harleys, but they've got a few sportbikes (United Motors, if those count as sportbikes) and i've heard good things about their service dept.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:55 AM

was it Family Powersports that you bought the tire from? how much did they charge to mount it? i'm probably not too far from needing new tires myself.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:00 PM

well put some air in it..

Old 08-18-2007, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: rmr1923

was it Family Powersports that you bought the tire from? how much did they charge to mount it? i'm probably not too far from needing new tires myself.

Ya. Free mount and balance when you buy from them. The cheapest I found on the tire I bought was $10 more so I think I got a good deal for being a 17" wheel.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: rmr1923

did you try I-27 Marine? they're a Suzuki dealer but their service guys are pretty cool, they could probably patch it up for you. i don't have any experience with other motorcycle mechanics here in Lubbock, but there's another place at University and the south loop (just outside the loop) that i've heard is alright. i think they sell Harleys, but they've got a few sportbikes (United Motors, if those count as sportbikes) and i've heard good things about their service dept.

Ya, I've been to the chopper/UM dealership. Nice people. I'll take the tire somewhere to get patched. Its now a spare.

Quick Reply: Dam flat tire!!!