Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cursed lines

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cursed lines

OK WHO believes there are cursed lines??
I bought #76 of the 92's rode it 95k miles then semi-retired it, do a yearly tuneup ride it a week then drain the gas and back into storage till next yr. Starting when I got my 97' which was not as good as the 92 so I got a 98' and from day 101 nothing but problems with that bike, stator went out, starter died, gaslines all blew off, bad fuel pump, and on and on always fixing something so put it in storage after fixing EVERYTHING!! Friend saw it hidden in back in 04, reminded him I never sell a bike, so he traded me for his 04 Triumph Daytona 995i(Torque MONSTER very dangerous bike in turns when front wheel lifts up on you barely giving gas) so I traded, he rode it 20k miles and no problems, sold it off and 3 owners later I see it in Vegas in 07 and had sale sign, it was Always breaking down, fix 1 thing another breaks..So I am the 1st AND 6th owner of that bike. not 500miles after getting it the stator died.. So for the 2nd time and 9yrs later I replaced the stator and put it in storage where itll stay.
In 05 I got another CBR luved it rode the **** out of it, so in 07 as ending the model I had to get one.. Quick explanation.. Reread about my 98' it was a disaster show.. after having it in storage I needed a rear tire for a trip so borrowed the 07s.. got 1/2 way tween PHX and Palm springs and tire blew out at 180.. the tire blowing wasn't the bad thing it was the 1/2 way tween PS and PHX part that's 100m from anything alive in middle of desert.. The blown tire and rim went back on the 07..
trough the yrs my favorite 2 are the 92' and 05' so recently.. 4days ago saw an 07, 18k miles $4k... so kinda bought it.. I ran a title search and this guy is 7th owner and just got it last Feb. ~600miles ago. It looks cherry, definatly never crashed, maybe dropped as the fairings are candyapple red not honda red and missing the black tiger stripes, so painted at least. figured fine as was planning on putting my 05 Respol fairings on it(05 been in black dress since 08) He claims 'it's just too fast, wife wants me to sell it'' my 07 was a cursed bike.. wondering if 07 is a cursed line.. I know 98 was a cursed line.. How many 98' owners out there.. none.. the line was cursed..
I also have a 12' and 14' never a problem, 30k &65k respectively. they start and run and give fun when asked.. since 14' Ive hated the seating position so waiting for the CBR redesign to happen with a seat that doesn't break your ***** after 100m.. so will stick with my Frankenstein 05' and 14' till then, but really wanted this 07'.. But thinking of backing out of deal.. Who has an 07'?? is it a cursed bike? I already have an 07' chained up next to my 98'(guy in Vegas sold it to me for $100, just to have it gone) in a storage locker I don't need another..
Is 07' a cursed line? are there other cursed lines? Almost forgot.. Im talking here about CBR900RR and CBR1000RR bikes not 600s or 1000Fs.. 600s are all like playful lil monkeys.. my daughter loves them to death and wont givem up no matter what.. my baby girl loves her litre bikes like I do.. Lost my son at 18ish, He rides Harleys like his mom..( But all 3 learned street on a CBR600RR.. great bike to learn on(wish I coulda, had a CB1000 as my learner and the 1000 was both engine size And weight..arrrrgghhh But at least in learning on that monster Anything else was easier..
I Digress Is 07 a cursed line??
Who has had a cursed bike? maybe 5-10 owners in 10yrs and low milage are telltale signs.. and the owner feels general weariness towards the bike.. don't hate or like it.. more a melancholia about the bike so just never ride it.. a fulltime rider will buy a car and not get another bike till that one is gone.. then back to fulltime riding and luv their bikes again.. cloud is lifted type of thing.. real strange ****... Sound Familiar to Anyone?? What bike and what year was it??

Old 09-18-2018, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pic is the 07' I kinda bought But haven't taken possession of yet.. Now thinking maybe cancelling deal after running the title.. Making me think Maybe 07' in general is a Cursed line..