Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crashed And May Never Ride Again.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crashed And May Never Ride Again.

As said earlier, I want to truly thank you for sharing such a dramatic experience. It makes me think of those few times when I might be speeding with my girlfriend...and really makes me want to slow it down. I am SO happy to hear that you and your wife made away with your lives. And also that you have learned something valuable in the process. There is nothing like learning by an instance and living accordingly. And also like said, I was BEYOND amazed when you told the whole extent of your injuries, and how you carried your wife 1/3mile up a hill. Its amazing what someone can do in those kinds of situations!!!! I am thankful that not only you and yours made it out alive, but that you had the courage to share such a story! God bless you and I wish you BOTH a healthy and speedy recovery.

Aaron[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-12-2007, 02:36 AM

Good posts, both of them. Thanks for sharing your story and I hope you and your wife will get back to normal soon. Hopefully you'll want to get back on again, but it's up to you. Had a similar kind of crash last year, but was my own fault - hit loose stones and high sided. Also went off an embankment like that and almost had the bike land on top of me. I didn't want to ride again...at least not for a long time.
Just don't beat yourself up over it too bad. Yeah, you may have been speeding, but you were in control. The other asshat in your lane cause it. Not you. If you were going the speed limit, he may have taken you out at another point onthe road and it could have been even worse. You just never know.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Question....you were wearing armored jackets...what about pants?

Old 09-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Thank you for th story and manning up and admitting fault. it take abig man to do such a thing. I am glad you and your wife are alive and well.
thanks be to God.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Friend and Hero ...

My third post back under this thread. I will try to answer a few questions that were raised and the first one is. I will not be deployed to test my brainchild. That will fall to someone else whom I have worked very closely with. This is just one small thing my poor judgment in this accident has cost me. We live in West Georgia area, where my wife was raised at the moment. Now I have been duty station damn near everywhere a person possibly could be. On the issue of was I wearing any kind of protection on my lower body. I'm constantly calling these jeans by the wrong name. Don't know why I refer to them as Dragonsheer jeans. They are actually are Draggin' Jeans and I will post a link to the manufacturer's site here. I Own three pair for over two years now. I do have icon, lower leg armor use to wear them religiously. Under my jeans, but have got slack over the last six months about doing so but the upper body armor. I was wearing offered limited protection from the blunt trauma impact blows of trees and rocks , car parts, motorcycle parts and etc. that were found all over the embankment but I do believe that the lower leg armor would have possibly save my knee from the injuries which I suffered to it now as far as footwear I have worn for almost a year pair of icon boots that offer over the ankle protection wife was wearing a pair of tennis shoes style icons, which may go a long ways in explaining the ankle injury.

The bike actually made it home today left side is trashed it least bodywork wise. It looks like they actually took decent care when trying to remove it from the deep ravine in which it was in. The guy at the impound yard told my brother-in-law that they placed a chain around the shock tubes. And the state trooper, Helped him walked it up the ditch line to the pavement. He said when he went down to hook onto it he noticed the DOD decal on the front shock tube and being in the reserves himself treated it with a little more respect than normal. I am thankful for that. On the subject of the jeans it's a little humorous at this point. But you should have seen the paramedic trying to work his way through these jeans. I basically ended up standing up and removing them and exposing them wonderful olive drab boxers LOL the wife was also wearing a similar pair of jeans and fared very well compared to my and her icon shoes actually had a 2 inch wide 1 inch deep drag marks in the toe of the foot that she hurt her ankle on

Here's that link http://www.dragginjeans.com/default.aspx

Old 09-13-2007, 12:31 PM

Hope you are doing better... im just wondering if you have any pics of your bike, that way everybody can give in some pointers on a restoration, because i know for sure you are going towelland ride soon, just give it time to heal. Give the best to your wife too... [sm=patriot.gif]

Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 PM

Glad that you two are still around. Good luck on a speedy recovery.

Way to man up on what happened and how you took care of your woman, too. Much Respect!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Friend and Hero ...

would be glad to post some pictures of the bike brother-in-law has just finished stripping off all of the broken parts today And what is left appears to be in good condition and usable. Basically the whole left side body panels, foot pegs, handlebar, clutch lever, windshield, and seat were damaged beyond reuse front rim seems to maybe bent, but it did start up and ran okay. Up and down his long driveway. It smoked like h@ll when it first started up. I will get some pictures tomorrow and post them. The bike is at his garage he is better prepared for something like this than I am. I already posted a small piece down under the hurricane section about doing a mod on the exhaust system, would like to do under tail exhaust. There is nothing wrong with the V&H SS2 R. It was on the upside of the bike, but just do not care for its exhaust tone would prefer a little deeper mellow sound and parts for these old CBR's are getting harder to find day by day

Old 09-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Well, im in the process of puting a 1000 rr exaust(under tail)to my 1000f 94 and by the way it was a wrecked from the front fairings. Long story.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

Well, im in the process of puting a 1000 rr exaust(under tail)to my 1000f 94 and by the way it was a wrecked from the front fairings. Long story.

Man I wish you would start a mod thread on this in the hurricane section. There are some really knowledgeable guys in that section but not enough threads on a day-to-day basis. I'm guilty of not posting enough there myself, but do have lots of time on my hands now

Quick Reply: Crashed And May Never Ride Again.