Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crashed And May Never Ride Again.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crashed And May Never Ride Again.

Wow. I'm just glad you two aren't dead or worse than what you got...even though you got it pretty bad. Sounds like you're on the right path by not blaming anybody else though. Good luck throughout your healing process and I hope one day you'll be riding again.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:55 PM

i was just on the loop, hope ya feel better

Old 09-11-2007, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654
Wow, I'm not sure know what to say. You are to be admired for your response and attitude about this and you are truly a man. Heal up soon, my friend. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Btw, [sm=redx.gif] (The first link briefly worked but not the second one. Now they both don't work?)[sm=pcwhack.gif]

NEWS STORY ON BLOOD MTN
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pa...p;pageId=1.1.1

http://www.myfoxatlant
a.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=1375282&version=2&locale= EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Edit: Screwed up the "quote" part of this post...oops. [&:]

Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 AM

Best Wishes!

Old 09-11-2007, 02:24 AM

What a nightmare for you two! Thank you for the thread, as it contains many lessons for me. You are a hardcorp instructor. My prayers are with you both for a speedy recovery.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:37 AM

That really sucks man!! Hope you and the wife heal up quick! What part of georgia are you from?

Old 09-11-2007, 02:50 AM

Thanks for sharing your terrible event! .. I will remember this everytime I ride. Hope for a speedy recovery for both you and your wife!

Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as i read this, it made me think about riding w/ my g/f on the bike.....and i will tell you this, im thankful you posted this story up. this will definately be in the back of my mind while riding.

i AM sorry that this happened. you shouldnt blame yourself though. had you been doing the speedlimit, this could have happened just a couple minutes earlier, and could have possibly been worse! it is good to hear that the two of you are ok, given the circumstances involved. i have to say sir, you are a hell of a guy. to do what you did, climbing back up to find you're wife......carrying her like you did with the injuries you had sustained......thats amazing!

my hat's off to you, and i hope the two of you have a speedy recovery.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:29 PM

man don't beat yourself up .. yes i understand youwere speeding with your loved one on the back .. but lets face it the cbr doesn't turn worth a shi& if it is going slow. had you not beeen going the speed you were i think things may have been worse .. man heal up i comend you on climbing back up and picking your wife up to head for help that is some hard core stuff .. sorry had to say it . if you are ready to get back in the saddle after you heal up then great i am sure she will come around after soem time .. and as far as this crash screwwing up everthing .. those idoits could have drilled you guys in the car too ! ..dont over anlize this accident your not to blame .. to many factors in this case to put the blame on anybody ! man heal up !

Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Wow I just want to thank everyone for their kind words I got in from the hospital this afternoon and spent quite a bit of time on the phone with my Company Commander and of course with others and have been reading through. You guys posts, and really just want to say Thank You to All Of You. And I have heard over the last couple of days. A lot of bragging By Others That I know about , that one third of a mile hike with my female rucksack and how it was truly HARDCORP tough. And the Marine Corps Way. I honestly don't believe I've done anything that most of you wouldn't have done. If you were in the same situation, some of you may have even fared better than I did. I will admit I am in very good physical condition, and I am mentally tough. And I will not say that my MARINE CORPS training did not give me a strong advantage because it did. And my years of martial arts instruction and training really helped to. While I'm speaking on the subject. The doctor yesterday, kind of irritated me for a minute. It was the surgeon who worked on me when I first came in with the punctured lung and the spleen. He said, "let me ask you a question. You know as time goes along stories have a tendency to grow in length. I heard that you carried your wife 3 miles out of the wilderness to get help. Is this true?" I answered, " no Sir." I carried her one third of a mile up the road until the truck picked us up and took us on to the top of the mountain. He nodded his head and looked at my wife who was sitting in the chair beside the bed and said we'll based on your physical condition and his you should've been carrying him. I could see it upset her right away. So I replied back to him. I don't know what motivates you to make that statement, but based on her physical size it would have been impossible for a 103 pound woman to drag this big a$$ Marine up the side of a mountain. He looked me directly in the eyes and said well, ' if you'd been about 30 minutes longer getting medical attention. You wouldn't be lying there arguing the point with me now, would you.' and turn around and walk out.

[b]On the subject of me taking responsibility for the accident. Fully understand the two guys racing down the mountain really was a Major contributing factor to the accident. And yes, I could have met them further down the road or further up the road, where it was a single Lane on my side, and it could've been worse. But if and I know the odds are against this, if I had met them in the same spot on the road at 20 mph with 20 years of experience riding. It would have been nothing to make an emergency swerve and stand her up and stop on the pavement. And I would not be the man that I am if I could not accept responsibilities for things that are mine to be responsible for. I got this Corps training as a small child LOL . When you make a mistake. Except responsibility for it. Take time to evaluate the mistake. Make a corrective action, if possible. Make sure you learn something from it. And last but not least, don't dwell upon it, move on.
Okay, I took a few pictures of our helmets and my jacket. The wife spare helmet. She was wearing. It looks like she went down face first, and of course on her left side, her firstgear jacket shows almost no abuse. But of course we were only on the pavement for 5 to 8 feet before starting off the embankment down that grand 25 foot drop. My helmet looks like I just went straight down and stayed with the bike, on my left side. The jacket kind of bears that out also, the leather doesn't appear to be beat up to bad. Where the red circle is on the jacket it actually ripped the double stitched nylon threading out and exposed the hard CE armored. And there is a little bit of wear on the sleeve with some small holes wore all the way through. Down a ways from where the arm was actually fractured, but not a mark on the jacket as best I can tell around where the scapula was broke

Quick Reply: Crashed And May Never Ride Again.