Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crashed And May Never Ride Again.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crashed And May Never Ride Again.

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

If I had been riding at the speed limit and obeying the law. The accident would have never occurred. I showed total disregard and lack of respect for my wife and her well-being as well as the others.
Thanks for posting these two sentences.I will keepthem in mind whenever I ride, Best wishesand a speedy recovery to the both of you. It could have been worse.
Really makes you think about what you do when you take a pillion - this has put me off taking my missis out with me especially as we have a young child. Thanks for sharing and hope you both heal up well, still can't believe you managed to carry your wife with a busted up knee broken forearm and a punctured lung - thats what you call a real man.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: madmike01uk

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

If I had been riding at the speed limit and obeying the law. The accident would have never occurred. I showed total disregard and lack of respect for my wife and her well-being as well as the others.
Thanks for posting these two sentences.I will keepthem in mind whenever I ride, Best wishesand a speedy recovery to the both of you. It could have been worse.
Really makes you think about what you do when you take a pillion - this has put me off taking my missis out with me especially as we have a young child. Thanks for sharing and hope you both heal up well, still can't believe you managed to carry your wife with a busted up knee broken forearm and a punctured lung - thats what you call a real man.
Cheers to that, true soldier style with torn ligaments in the knee and a punctured lung.

I commend you for taking responsiblity, but don't be too hard on your self, if those asshats would have not been over the line the wreck would not have happened either. There was more than one contributing factor that day. Wishes for a speedy recovery....and best of luck with your pending deployment....you requested it to try out new tactics correct?

Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 AM

I hope you get better soon! You are lucky to learn from your mistake and move forward with the knowledge of what that mistake can do. You will be a better rider because of it. Heal up quick and get back on.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Retired Moderator

My wife went down a small embankment while I was waiting for her one time. That is the most scared I have ever been in my life. I can only imagine how you felt. Glad you guys made it!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 AM

ohhh i always ride the speed limit im a golden child

sike, but i do ride close with a passenger, but hey there woulda been no wreck with those guys not racing

Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

Don't be too hard on yourself. Even if you had been doing the speed limit the idiots using your side of the road might have nailed you at another spot.Your acceptance of responsibility is a welcome change from the usual, though. Goodfor you.

Hope you and your wife healquickly and completely.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered Users

glad you're gonna be okay and the wifey too...i can't even imagine....and my hats off to you for carrying your wife with a puntured lung and ruptured spleen...that's like out of a movie....seriously though...thank you for sharing....it's important to realize that no matter how long you ride youare succeptible to something like this..i have been riding about a year so it's scary...but you do your best...the most incredible thing is the lack of finger pointing, yeah those guys played about 90% of the fault....but you did as well and it will only make you a better rider...i would never wish this on anyone, but at least you have turned inwards and realized how you wnat to ride....it sucks that stuff like this comes at a price, but we are only human and i am sure i will get mine one day.....

as for cubfan there...you need to calm down a bit....i think he was just making a statement, not poking at Hardcorp...any of us been around here awhile (and can tell from his post) hardcorp is a straight up guy and there is no reason to poke fun at a situation like this....you need to relax...

and as for having problems when you start riding, i think we all go through it...whether you choose to give up the bike is an individual choice...i just chose to try and drive smarter....even though that doesn't guarantee me anything...but of those crash victims...how many were going 100+...how many were stunting....how many were weaving in and out of traffic....there is a reason most of the accidents here on this board involving our members are here later posting about it...because if they are accidents they are usually on back roads or lightly traversed roads and are from us pushing ourselves too hard....versus the kids who are riding 100+ on the highway that don't make it....it's all about decisions...

Old 09-10-2007, 11:04 AM

hey don't beat yourself up... you did what you could and as far as going a little faster.... who knows what could have happened they could have meet up with you a bit further down the road and caused it anyway... I know the hardest part has to be because of the wife. I hope you heal up fast as well as your wife. the drivers of them cars should be shot for leaving you and your wife for dead. like I said before don't beat yourself up it was still not your fault. and as far as carrying you wife 1/3rd of a mile with internal bleeding and banged up knee..... WOW!
" It was later determined that I had broken a rib and it punctured my left lung , I had rupture my spleen, broke my left scapula , fractured my left forearm, and had torn the ligaments and tendons in my left knee." WOW!! but good to see you and your wife still alive.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM

I wish the best for you and your wife. Maybe you both get back on a bike when you are ready to.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:26 PM

Thank you for sharing this story...and I hope both of you have a speedy recovery. This will definitely stay in my mind when I have the wife on the back....and anyone for that matter...Yes, we do have the power to control our urges....and after watching that news video, it just seems that stupidity takes place of common sense. Crossing a double yellow on a blind corner comes to mind...If you want to have fun in the twisties, fine.....but at least have the smarts to stay in your own lane...
Anyhow, God be with both of you...
RB

Quick Reply: Crashed And May Never Ride Again.