Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cop wave?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cop wave?

When I go for a club ride, every second rider could be a cop, it was founded by police bike enthusiasts, I've always found that the ones thare are cops, well, their just like everyone else.
But I always wave to anyone on bikes, yeah even Harley riders.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wave to cops, and if I don't get a response, I don't care. I figure they may have a preconceivednotion of what a sportbike rider is all about, and if I can plant a possitive seed in the back of their brain, then I have done myself a service...and other local riders.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

The more I wave to Harleys the more I realize what a waste of time it usually is.

I'd say MAYBE 20% will acknowledge me. What % would you all say?

Old 08-30-2007, 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

The more I wave to Harleys the more I realize what a waste of time it usually is.

I'd say MAYBE 20% will acknowledge me. What % would you all say?
Maybe you're using too many fingers when you wave to the Harleys.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I always wave to cops, and if I don't get a response, I don't care. I figure they may have a preconceivednotion of what a sportbike rider is all about, and if I can plant a possitive seed in the back of their brain, then I have done myself a service...and other local riders.

Always give the wave, But Will go you one better. About 3 months ago, I was meeting some friends for a early dinner went past a on ramp and noticed a patrol car with its lights on, but no one pulled over with him. I was at the bottom of the ramp at the light on the main four-lane highway and had a few minutes to study it. I continued on my way to dinner and about an hour later, was returning back the same way and got stopped at the same damn light, only headed in the opposite direction passed the ramp and noticed the patrol car ( GSP car) was still sitting on the ramp with his lights on so I cut across two lanes and up the ramp, pulled up and stopped behind the patrol car. Remove my helmet, kickstand down noticed that the officer was slumped towards the passenger side of the car slowly started to approach the car on the passenger side as to be clear of traffic. Just as I reached the rear quarter panel of the car. He saw me and came bolting out of the car immediately showed him both hands palms out he said to me" what's the problem? I answered, no problem officer, I was just wondering if you were okay. I seen you hear about an hour ago with your lights on and just wanted to check to make sure your okay. He responded by cracking a little bit of a smile. " I'm okay, just working on the computer and forgot about the lights appreciate the check" and then he asked me have you ever been in law enforcement ? I responded, "NO SIR JUST A MARINE" he replied back. Well. Thank you Marine most people, about 90% of them would have drove past me all day long and never gave it a thought, and especially on what you're riding. Do appreciate it. We carried on about a 30 minute conversation before moving on. If you haven't seen this in one of my posts before, here it is again . Fully Support. Anyone Who Steps into Harmsway. Here or Abroad , Law-Enforcement Officers, Firefighters, EMTs and All Military Service Personnel. I HAVE THE UP-MOST RESPECT FOR ANYONE WHO DOES THEIR JOB WELL !!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:05 PM

I agree with you Hardcorp with one caveat this has to be the qualifier WHO DOES THEIR JOB WELL !!

Bish

Old 08-30-2007, 11:09 PM

i wave at the pretty lady cop in town ahah, but not moto cops... unless they wave or nod first, i wont be an *** and not wave back. but i make sure to salute firefighters.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

i wave at the pretty lady cop in town ahah, but not moto cops... unless they wave or nod first, i wont be an *** and not wave back. but i make sure to salute firefighters.

Are FireFighters, the Only Ones to Get Your Respect or Did You Just Forget A Few Others