Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cool cop stories?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool cop stories?

If you're like me, you're a little biased against cops. For the most part, I tend to view cops as the kids who liked to take names when the teacher left the room at school. But, like every rule, there are the exceptions. I was fortunate enough to get pulled over by one of the cool cops today.

You know those perfect days when the wind is cool, the sun is warm and you have a nice patch of fresh freeway in front of you? I was enjoying one of those days by winding the bike up a bit and riding the line through some nice gradual curves. I (at the risk of getting flamed) was speeding between 100 and 110. I admit it. I slowed down a bit for my exit and made what was a posted "slow"s turn at a pretty good click. I was enjoying the sun, just sitting at a stoplight when I see a big white police Harley coming up in my left mirror.

"I need you to turn right here and pull over," the officer said.

I saw myself in his mirrored shades, totally guilty, totally busted...totally screwed. My inspection is out of date, I don't have a motorcycle endorsement, and I had just been going close to double the posted speed limit on the freeway, let alone how fast I blew through the S turn exit.

"Do you have any idea why I pulled you over?"

I had several, "No sir."

"You were riding like you have a death wish. I was behind you on the freeway. I couldn't get a radar lock on you until you came to the exit, but youwent througha 25mph exit at 84."

I was proud of myself, "Really? I wasn't looking at the speedo."

"And you don't have a motorcycle license. I'm surprised you have insurance. But here's the deal," he took off his shades, "I ride bikes too, that's a beautiful bike you have there by the way, so what I'm giving you a ticket for is not having a license. Go get your license, you shouldn't have any problem from what I saw when you went through that turn, and you can get the ticket nulled."

"Thanks officer. I appreciate it."

"How long you been ridin'?" he asked.

"Since I was four. I'm an old motocrosser. My dad owned the Cagiva/Ducati shop here in the eighties."

"Really? I want a Ducati so bad I can't stand it," the cop said and smiled.

"Those Italian bikes are really special. I want a 1098." I said.

"Yea. A Ducati or MV Augusta, I can't decide. But it's gonna be Italian."

"These Japanese bikes are cool, but the Italian bikes have a life to them."

The cops smiled broadly, "Yeah they do. But all bikes seem like they breathe to me. I love 'em. Take care sir, get your license."

Hell, that cop was the coolest street biker I've met yet. That made my day.

Post your cool cop story if you have one.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Default RE: Cool cop stories?

I was tailgating behind some freaken 18 wheeler on a crowded section of the interstate in the left lane. My friend kyle with with my at the time. We were about to go under an overpass and little did I know there were like 5 cops standing under it radaring the **** of the interstate and a few other poepoe on motorcycles to chase speeders down. I couldnt see them behind I had this hude *** 18 wheeler right infront of me and a car to my right. A small gap opened up in the right lane and I swerved into it. At that moment I then saw all the police. The cop radaring threw his hands up in the air, mouth dropped, looking at me like I was an idiot. I could tell he was expressing it to me because he turned his body to my car as we were passing. Me and kyle started busting out laughing.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:05 PM

The day I picked up my new CBR, there was a new kid working at the cycle shop. He was the lucky one that got the job of tieing down my bike. Well for whatever reason he had the brake pressed down and over the five or six hours it took me to get home the battery went totally dead.

I didnt' have my ramp to unload the bike, so I went down to main street with a couple buddies of mine to unload it at a local shop that had a ramp. Not knowing that the battery was dead, I figured I could just drive the bike back to my house and one of the guys drive me truck. We didn't really think the bike wouldn't start.Long story short the bike was too heavy for us to load back in my F150, but I didn't want to leave it just sitting in the middle of town either.

So as we stood there like dumbass not knowing what to do at 2 in the morning, one of my small town's five cops rolled by.

Whatcha got there, Katie?

Nothing buta pile of metal right now!

That's all I could think to say, I was sooooo mad I couldn't even really think about trying to pull the battery out and take it home then come back in a hour to try to start it again trying to hook and unhook all that **** at 2 and 3 in the morning is not really what someone wants to be doing with a new bike.

This cop was soooo cool, he called his son, woke him up, had him come down there push the bike to the police station. Where he locked it up for me over night. Then let me come back the next day after I got out of class and work on it at the police station for like four hours till I got it running. Then after I did get it running he followed me to my house to let me drop it off then took me back to the police station to get my truck.

I know I wasn't doing 120 on the interstate just to get away with it or anything, but I guess there are people out there who will give you a break every now and again.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered Users

that was a great story...sounds like something out of a tv show...you got lucky....

Old 10-18-2007, 03:37 PM

my one cool cop story doesnt involve a bike at all....at least a bike I was riding.

back during the summer going into my senior year at high school, I had to drop something off at my dads office. He called and woke me up at 10 in the morning (way early for a high school kid on summer break). I rolled out of bed (literally) and got into the car. I left my neighborhood and not 2 blocks later a motorcycle cop was standing in the middle of the road, franticly waving at me to pull over. So, I pull over and roll down my window.

Lady bike cop: 'Do you know why I pulled you over?'

me: '...no officer...'

LBC: 'You were speeding there.......did you NOT wonder why everybody around you suddenly slowed down?'

me: 'um...no. not really...in fact I didn't really notice...'

LBC: 'and did you not see me? I can't believe I had to jump into the road to get your attention. And, come on. We've been out here all week (it was a Friday), around the same time every day too....I can't believe you didn't see me standing there, next to my bike...with my radar gun...pointed right at you'

me: 'actually officer, to be totally honest, this is the earliest I've been up all summer. My dad just called and woke me up...he needed me to drop something off at the office for him...'

LBC: just looks at me like I'm retarded. (i was also wearing a tshirt and sweat pants...and my long hair made it real obvious that I just got out of bed)

...after a few interesting moments...

LBC: 'ok...um...i need your license and registration....'
she goes over to her bike, and grabs something from the trunk. she has her back turned to me, and I'm kinda freaking out at this point. This was my first time being pulled over, and I knew my folks would kill me for speeding.
LBC comes back to my passenger window and says:
'ok. because this is your first time getting pulled over for anything, I'm gonna let you off with a warning. I also know I'm not going to have to pull you over ever again for speeding, correct?'

me: (in shock) 'uh...yes ma'am.'

LBC: 'ok. here you go. now, drive safe. ...and, you might want to think about going to bed earlier...so you don't waste your summer sleeping.'

I still have that warning in my wallet. Its been almost 7 years, and true to my word, I've never gotten pulled over for speeding. Only 2 other times I was pulled over was for BS reasons...one time was because my tail light burned out AS I was leaving school. Cop (SDSU campus police) held me for 45 minutes trying to bust me for anything he could...but all he wrote me up for was a dead tail light. 45 minutes. 2nd time was a month ago. idiot cop pulls me over for doing all sorts of bad (and made up) things (speeding, revving my engine, making illegal turns, noise violations, etc.). Again, I get held at the side of the road (2 blocks from home) for almost an hour. Despite everything the cop said I did, all I got was a fix it ticket (half the things on the ticket were false....and now I have to go to court. gah).

Old 10-18-2007, 03:51 PM

It's not bike related, but here's my story.

Coming home from work in the city (back during my first college year, you know the one... ), I'd been clickin' along in my car at a good speed, probably 80 in a 70. Anyway, I get pulled over. Here's how it goes...
Cop, "Evening. License and proof of insurance please."
(I dig into my wallet and pull out my current insurance card, and sigh heavily as I pull out my 6-month's expired, out-of-state license I'd kept telling myself I needed to get around to renewing)
Cop, "Know why I pulled you over?"
Me, "No sir."
Cop, "Your tag expired six months ago in March."
Me, "Oh..." (I'm thinking "Holy crap... that's not good.")
The cop goes to his car and I sit there for about 5 minutes, he comes back and asks me to step out of the car. I then have to follow him, and he has me sit in the back of his police car and locks me in. At this time I'm like... "Well... that's what I get... crap." He gets in his driver seat and looks at my license and looks back at me through his rearview mirror.
Cop, "Alright man, you realize that with this expired license, with those tags I'm supposed to impound your car and take you downtown... but I'm going to let you off with a warning."
Me, "Oh man! Thanks!"
(the cop continues) "Now... with this license you can't drive your car, you understand? Now... I know you're going to do what you need to do to get home... but I can't see you drive this car. So... I'm going to let you out and I'm going to leave. Do... NOT drive away while I'm around... you understand? You're not supposed to drive this car. If I leave and you decide you want to take off, I'm in no way giving you any ground if you are pulled over again. Understand?"
Me, "Yes sir. Thank you."

He then lets me out and I wander over to the car, he waves to me and leaves. I wait about 2 minutes, fire the car up and head home. Needless to say, I got my stuff together within' the week. He could have busted me bigtime, and I'd been doing nothing to cause him to give me any slack. I appreciated that.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:29 PM

I was in my old 3/4 ton Chevy and I turned right to go down a side road. I did it almost every day because of this big dip in the road. If you got going fast enough it would make your stomach flip. Well I always knew it would be a perfect spot for a cop to radar butthe road was not busy enough so I never thought twice. Well the last time I drove down that road there he was. So he hops in his car catches up to me and I pull over. He then walks up to the car and asks me, "Know why I pulled you over?" I was like, "Going to fast?" He then asks me if I knew how fast I was going and I said no. He just started laughing and said, "Damn lead foot?" And then I started laughing. And at that moment we were laughing together....

I still got a speeding ticket.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:43 PM

i think i could write a book on this topic, lets just hear one of uncle tommy's stories though....

so its 3am and im leaving a bar ****faced going about 95 down a back country highway, i blow through a red light and keep going....3 friends in the car with me....about 5 miles past the light we notice a cop with his lights on comming up on us....apparently he had been trying to catch up since the light....when i finally pulled over he gets me outta the car, mind you im still eating my "left handed" ciggarette (p.s. thank god for leather interior...)
while im walking back to talk to him....he asks me if i know why he pulled me over-i look him dead in the eye and say..."Yeah i do, i was driving about 95 miles an hour and i blew a red light" he asks me why i did it, my reply? "cause im pretty ****in drunk and were headed to a big house party" he asks me if im headed to his cousin matt's house....coincidentally....the answer was YES. so he has me call matt onmy cell and hand it to him, which i did....matt answers by saying "tom where the *** are you? go home with a fat bixtch?" his cousin pipes up and says"nope your friend hass been detained..." back and forth from there blah blah matt blah blah cop blah blah ......He ends up telling me that i am to call him when i reach matt's house and I am not to leave until lunch the next day.....and that he will be by to check! sohe writes me a ticket for no proof of insurance....who doesnt have insurance on a frikkin lexus?!?! and lets me go....by about 6 am THE COP is on the back porch doing beer bongs and smoking lefties with us..... craziest **** ever....

O EDIT!!! snap! i actually ended up getting a warrant issued for my arrest because i forgot to go in and show my insurance....i didnt find out till 2 years later when i got pulled over and taken to jail for it....cost me $2200 to get out....

college was fun, but thank god its been over for a LONG time....silly SFA

Old 10-18-2007, 04:48 PM

130 in a 55. no ticket He asked me why i pulled over.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM

one day i was riding around when i turned onto a nice empty stretch of road. well i pull it up on one wheel and when i come down i see a cop sitting on a side street at a stop sing. i pull right over cuz i know he is going to pull me over. he walks up to me and asked if that was for him i laff and say no sir i didnt see you till it was way to late. he took my licence and ran my plates, i was on my perment (2 days before my road test). he comes back and tells me to stoping being an idot and not to do this kind of **** on public roads he then wished me good luck on my road test and let me go.

Quick Reply: Cool cop stories?