Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Should Vick be allowed to get a dog?
Yes, he's learned his lesson. And a dog is completely safe with him... now
50.00%
No! As soon as the cameras are off, the dog will be in the pits.
44.44%
Who's Michael Vick?
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

(Controversial) Michael Vick wants a dog

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see what your getting at and I agree to a degree. Now we are getting into moral issues and the line can blur very easy. There is no way I would ever let a child molester near one of my neices/nephews but If we can't forgive and give second chances then prison for these types of people are a waste of time and we would be better off just (excuse the dog pun) "putting them down". We all make mistakes (yes even me) but if people can't change then whats the point in jail? Anyways that my 2 cents.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Digging this up for a minute cause of something new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Y2Ra3NpZ8

Can we agree this is a tad overboard?

Old 12-29-2010, 11:23 PM

Overboard? 100%. The fact that the President of the United States would call up Lurie and THANK him for giving Vick a second chance is absurd and ridiculous.

Shouldn't he be trying to get us out of the economic slump? Or maybe cutting back on his egregious spending.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heh I kinda meant saying Vick should be executed for his actions.

As for Obama, I guess he's a Vick Fan. Or maybe one of his girls is crushing on him

"Daaaaadeee! They're still being mean to Mickey! Can you do something, puhleeeeeze?!?"

Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 AM

here we go again....

leave my boi alone

all I care about is on the feild issues not off the feild...

Old 12-30-2010, 09:51 AM

what are the odds hes going to use this dog as a fighting dog haha... sure maybe hell neglect it a lil bcus heisnt around all the time. im sure someone will feed it tho.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

We all do stupid things in our lives. I'm a few days away from 56 and looking back I could have done things different. When you give a 20 or 21 year old kid the money they are making in the NFL, they are going to get into trouble. I would have. I don't know the circumstances of what went on. Was he dragged into it by friends or did he wake up one day with the idea of dog fighting in his head? Either way it was a bad choice, I agree, but people learn from mistakes. Killers, rapers and woman beaters are different, they don't change.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:46 PM

So Dog killers and beaters - they had "rape stands" for the dogs too, but thats neither here nor there - can change.
But people killers and beaters can't?

There is something inherently wrong with murderers. The same can be said for people who drown dogs / electrocute them to death / light them on fire and fight them.

Basically what i'm getting at is that I think you genuinely have to be a sociopath to do any of the above.

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 12-30-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Basically what i'm getting at is that I think you genuinely have to be a sociopath to do any of the above.
Sick in the head or misguided maybe but a sociopath operates independently not in a group of peers.

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 01-01-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
Sick in the head or misguided maybe but a sociopath operates independently not in a group of peers.
According to information released by the USDA under the Freedom of Information Act, informants told investigators that Vick and two others strangled low-performing dogs by hanging them from trees, drowning them in buckets of water -- one person holding the hind legs, another person holding the dog's head. They said Vick and two others also killed dogs with a shovel, shot them and, slammed a dog to the ground until it was dead.

Behavior of killing and torturing animals is often manifestation of many issues.

And sociopaths very often hide these feelings and DO function well in social settings. Sociopaths and psychopaths are different.

Quick Reply: (Controversial) Michael Vick wants a dog