Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Concealed carry on a bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i live in NC

thats right, and the only time i dont carry is on the bike i dont have permit for that but ppl i know use their back pack, or saddle bags... is it just me or could there be some connection to the most terrorized country, and no guns? to each their own though just be safe EITHER way.. i have a Glock 19, meprolight nite sights, extended slide release. i started carrying 8 years ago when i worked as a repo man, carrying it is like carrying a wallet, even though i havent repossesed a car in sveral years.. just my two cents

Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 AM

i carry my .32 keltec just about everywhere i go. ankle holster. riding is no problem. also can carry it in the small of my back w/o a holster, just a buckle clip. but when i sit down it tends to move on me.

i have 2 type of holsters, inside the pants and outside the pants holsters, for my XD.40 sub and a shoulder harness but i rarely carry it b/c of its bulk and weight. i move around a lot for work and just don't feel comfy.

my keltec is super small and lightweight. its only a .32 but if i ever had to use it, which i hope not, it give me enough time to get away. plus its a smaller cal so it wont just pass right through someone, itll rattle around for a bit and after 8 hours of painful surgery, there still gunna die or be permettley injured.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:41 AM

I'm actually working on a efficient way to carry firearms on motorcycles right now here is a pic of my progress, its still a prototype:

Name:  183098282_4d3ca3eccd.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  47.4 KB

Old 07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

carry my .32 keltec just about everywhere i go.
I have an LCP in my pocket right now. It's much like the Kel-Tec P3AT (380ACP) and your P32. In fact, it's almost exactly like the P3AT.(modeled after it).
You don't even know you're carrying it. It slips right in your front jeans pocket. Perfect for carrying when riding.
Here's a pic:
Name:  RugerLCP2-1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  10.1 KB

Old 07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Default this is so funny

Since I began riding motorcycles, I've wanted to design two things: an indestructible riding suit and a way to carry a handgun. Maybe it was after I read Snow Crash, or maybe it was after I saw Full Throttle (ha). But seriously, an indestructible suit. Think Batman - really tactical with pockets & loops.

Just so you know I'm not pulling your leg, here's proof that I can shoot. I've shot a variety of pistols and rifles, but I really like the feel of a Sig or Beretta 9mm. The target in this picture is at 25 feet using the 9mm Sig. After I got warmed up, it all just started to click. Just for the record, I've only been shooting occasionally for the last few years: https://cbrforum.com/forum/album.php...pictureid=4204

Also let me just reiterate kilgoretrout's crucial advice, as I also take gun safety seriously:

"Keep your finger off the trigger.
Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
Always keep it pointed in a safe direction.
Be sure of your target and beyond."

and clarify two points...
(1) ... until you're on target.
(3) Don't point it at anything you're not willing to destroy.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:31 PM

jeez that target looks like buckshot from 40 yards :P

Old 07-14-2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Incognito
+1 Glock 37 & 39 in .45 GAP

Didn't the old commercial say, "you meet the nicest people on a Honda." Lol.
I don't carry on my bike. If I see something going down, I'll just twist the throttle ~ sayonara! That said, always leave yourself an escape route, if not for the thugs, then for incoming cars.
One word about carrying in the small of the back. If you take a spill & land on it, it's going to do spinal damage, which is probably more likely than getting jacked. If it were me, and I was serious about CCW on a bike (which I'm not), I'd get a shoulder rig.
In Colorado, you're not allowed to use deadly force to protect property. So here, you've better be sure you can articulate that you were in imminent fear of serious bodily injury before you drop the hammer.
I never thought about taking a spill and getting spinal damage thanks for the advise i am not caring there anymore in NC we cant use deadly force to
protect property either but when somebody pulls a big knife on you all you have to do is pull your piece and they will run I know the laws thats why i carry cause i know what i can and cant do

Old 07-14-2009, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Ha ha.. here we go...

Hangfire, you had to say it, didn't you? And with the ol' 9mm vs. 45 debate too, eh? ... lol..

I'm not gonna go there, bud. All I'll say is that I've been shooting and carrying for a long time. I don't think most attackers are gonna scoff at a 9mm burst.
I like the 45ACP round (I used to always carry a G21 or 1911 platform). However, I don't feel undergunned with my M&P9 or XD9 or whatever.
I also carry all the time because I don't really believe in anticipating when or where you may need it. Just personal preference. There are also many good SD choices, imo, other than glock (although I love all of mine.... )

I think a far bigger point here is that if you're gonna carry ANY gun, you need to be responsible and proficient. This means knowing the rules of gun safety and plenty of practice.
Guns are not toys and they need to be handled with the utmost respect.
I take this VERY seriously.
Keep your finger off the trigger.
Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
Always keep it pointed in a safe direction.
Be sure of your target and beyond.
etc. etc.

Another rule that I can't stress enough is to NEVER hand a loaded gun to ANYONE. Unload it (mag out) and check the chamber!!!

HydroPrelude, just remember to take your BUG out of your tank bag if you're gonna leave your bike. I'm not a BUG guy, and I don't believe you should ever need to shoot while riding (unless, of course, you ARE 007... lol). BTW, I love the CZ P-01. Great gun.

I'm not an open carry type, either. Sure, I have the right to do it....but I don't. I'd rather no one knew I had a gun. Most people don't know. That's how I prefer it.
I am glad to see someone agree with me i have 16 years of experience
with guns and i cant stress enough the need to be safe and proficient
i dont live in a bad area in fact i live in the middle of nowhere but i always carry a gun. I would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. For me carrying a gun is like a biker wearing a helmet i dont feel
comfortable with out it.

Quick Reply: Concealed carry on a bike