Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Concealed carry on a bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not trying to be the Terminator although I do love James Bond movies. I grew up around guns and all my friends and family carry guns. Its a culture thing in the South almost everybody carries guns. I started this thread to see who if anyone carries on their bike and if so how they carry and what they carry. Their have been some people robbed of their bikes at stoplights or at the gas station in my area. Not everybody on this forum will understand why people carry guns because some states and some countries don't allow it. Its not a macho thing its how i was raised.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:12 PM

getting jacked at lights and fuel pumps.... thats pretty rough sh*t. wow

Old 07-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by HydroPrelude85
I live in North Carolina where we have the right to open carry (without a permit) and the right to Conceal carry (with a valid Concealed Carry Handgun permit). I carry everywhere i am allowed to especially when on the bike. Everywhere I go I carry one or two handguns simply because I can with my NC CCH permit and it is my right as a North Carolina citizen; and because I don't want to be victimized.While riding, I carry either my Glock 19, my CZ 75 P01 or my CZ P07 (all high cap. compact 9mm's). I wear a Scorpion Commander textile jacket which has a large pocket at the small of the back, perfect to store most compact size handguns. I also have a Rapid Transit Recon 19 magnetic tank bag with several pockets where a handgun could be stored. The idea is that my primary handgun is in my tank bag for left hand shooting, if i have to keep riding, and my secondary is in the small of my back for right hand shooting.

Knives, multi tools and flashlights are good to carry as well. I work at a gunstore in Charlotte, NC if anyone has questions about good carry gun choices, carry holsters and/or ammunition.

You never know what will happen while riding so you might as well be prepared. Where your gear, ride safe and carry the necessary supplies- if you can or so choose too.
Good for you! I live in Indiana where you need a license to carry, period. It doesn't specify open or concealed, so I carry a little of both.

I wear a leather coat which does not allow me to cover my XD. I've only carried once on the bike so far, and not had any problems.

One word of advice to anyone wanting a gun, to carry or not, do find a gun forum for your state/area and learn the gun laws firsthand, not just what some walmart gun counter jerkoff told you. Anyone knowledgable worth listening to will be able to to tell you which codes are which.

For you Indiana people http://ingunowners.com/forums/index.php

Last edited by CB750; 07-13-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:36 PM

sounds like you are way over the top mate you should buy a tank and be done it. i live in the terrorist capital of the world and we don't even carry guns

Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The point is, each to his own.
Some feel happy with none, some with one, some with an arsenal.

I'd suggest you have a look at past history on this one, Hydro - PLENTY to read there..................................
The topic's been beaten to death at least three times that I know of..........

Old 07-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Shadow
to me they are just a tool, no more, no less.
+1 Glock 37 & 39 in .45 GAP

Didn't the old commercial say, "you meet the nicest people on a Honda." Lol.
I don't carry on my bike. If I see something going down, I'll just twist the throttle ~ sayonara! That said, always leave yourself an escape route, if not for the thugs, then for incoming cars.
One word about carrying in the small of the back. If you take a spill & land on it, it's going to do spinal damage, which is probably more likely than getting jacked. If it were me, and I was serious about CCW on a bike (which I'm not), I'd get a shoulder rig.
In Colorado, you're not allowed to use deadly force to protect property. So here, you've better be sure you can articulate that you were in imminent fear of serious bodily injury before you drop the hammer.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:28 PM

lol "for left hand shooting"

you thought of everything

Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by HydroPrelude85
I am not trying to be the Terminator although I do love James Bond movies. I grew up around guns and all my friends and family carry guns. Its a culture thing in the South almost everybody carries guns. I started this thread to see who if anyone carries on their bike and if so how they carry and what they carry. Their have been some people robbed of their bikes at stoplights or at the gas station in my area. Not everybody on this forum will understand why people carry guns because some states and some countries don't allow it. Its not a macho thing its how i was raised.
i loved mad max films this sounds like something out of one of them

Old 07-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha ha.. here we go...

Hangfire, you had to say it, didn't you? And with the ol' 9mm vs. 45 debate too, eh? ... lol..

I'm not gonna go there, bud. All I'll say is that I've been shooting and carrying for a long time. I don't think most attackers are gonna scoff at a 9mm burst.
I like the 45ACP round (I used to always carry a G21 or 1911 platform). However, I don't feel undergunned with my M&P9 or XD9 or whatever.
I also carry all the time because I don't really believe in anticipating when or where you may need it. Just personal preference. There are also many good SD choices, imo, other than glock (although I love all of mine.... )

I think a far bigger point here is that if you're gonna carry ANY gun, you need to be responsible and proficient. This means knowing the rules of gun safety and plenty of practice.
Guns are not toys and they need to be handled with the utmost respect.
I take this VERY seriously.
Keep your finger off the trigger.
Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
Always keep it pointed in a safe direction.
Be sure of your target and beyond.
etc. etc.

Another rule that I can't stress enough is to NEVER hand a loaded gun to ANYONE. Unload it (mag out) and check the chamber!!!

HydroPrelude, just remember to take your BUG out of your tank bag if you're gonna leave your bike. I'm not a BUG guy, and I don't believe you should ever need to shoot while riding (unless, of course, you ARE 007... lol). BTW, I love the CZ P-01. Great gun.

I'm not an open carry type, either. Sure, I have the right to do it....but I don't. I'd rather no one knew I had a gun. Most people don't know. That's how I prefer it.

Quick Reply: Concealed carry on a bike