Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Concealed carry on a bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concealed carry on a bike

I live in North Carolina where we have the right to open carry (without a permit) and the right to Conceal carry (with a valid Concealed Carry Handgun permit). I carry everywhere i am allowed to especially when on the bike. Everywhere I go I carry one or two handguns simply because I can with my NC CCH permit and it is my right as a North Carolina citizen; and because I don't want to be victimized.While riding, I carry either my Glock 19, my CZ 75 P01 or my CZ P07 (all high cap. compact 9mm's). I wear a Scorpion Commander textile jacket which has a large pocket at the small of the back, perfect to store most compact size handguns. I also have a Rapid Transit Recon 19 magnetic tank bag with several pockets where a handgun could be stored. The idea is that my primary handgun is in my tank bag for left hand shooting, if i have to keep riding, and my secondary is in the small of my back for right hand shooting.

Knives, multi tools and flashlights are good to carry as well. I work at a gunstore in Charlotte, NC if anyone has questions about good carry gun choices, carry holsters and/or ammunition.

You never know what will happen while riding so you might as well be prepared. Where your gear, ride safe and carry the necessary supplies- if you can or so choose too.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:38 AM

Sounds like you're way overthinking this. You watch too many james bond movies don't you?? :P just messing. But seriously. One gun and a chest holster should be enough wouldnt you think?

Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If he wants to be the Terminator - it's his right.
I'll just pick fights with guys in my own weight category.................

If it's a discussion on what you carry, fine no probs.
Let's not have another slanging match regarding firearms, OK ?

Last edited by Shadow; 07-13-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you lookin at me mate .............

Not at all, but we all know how quickly a sensible discussion can go south, when emotions get involved, never mind what the subject is..................
guns are just such an emotional issue with some...................
to me they are just a tool, no more, no less.
I'll just carry my 38Spl derringer........... and wave Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Last edited by Shadow; 07-13-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:40 AM

No disrespect meant in my above post. I'm all for our right to own and carry guns (I have a few myself). I'm just thinking that more than one CC might be boarderline paranoia. But by all means, excercise your right. I'll be the one in trouble when armageddon hits. he'll likely be the one saving his *** and leaving me in the dark. lol. I think until that day We can get along just fine

Old 07-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Ban all guns and arrest everyone who carries one!!

There, all sorted!! ..lol

j/k.... um, it was a joke, yes a joke, why are you all walking toward me with menacing expressions!!

Um, bye.......... see you later............

Name:  RunningCat.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  24.4 KB

Quick Reply: Concealed carry on a bike