Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

computer........

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer........

I'm looking for information about a BSoD i keep getting, as well triple booting my computer, linux help, (various general tech info), etc. What is the best website (other than Yahoo answers) to consult?

Old 06-30-2010, 12:04 AM

Honestly, I don't use one specific site for computer help. I usually type in a key phrase in google and read as much as I can about the problem, then try and solve it on my own.

I know nothing of Linux- and I mean nothing. But the two times I got the blue screen of death on my computer builds, I just reformatted. If you don't have a lot of important things on your computer, do a fresh reformat. Even if you do, just save those things and put them onto your freshly formatted computer. Be sure to have all your correct drivers, and set a restor point immediately when you reformat. You may be able to solve the BSoD through something in your BIOS settings also. I remember reading something about that. I would go for a reformat though, and use google for your answers if you have general computer tech skills. It never hurts to have a freshly partitioned hard drive.

Any time I fixed a BSoD, my or my friends computer never felt as quick as when you simply reformat.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:08 AM

What happened to "Linux never crashes" LOL

I once had that happen to my Windows XP laptop, continuous BSOD, I let it charge for some time and then it worked fine.

Look at the code it tells you when it does the BSOD and then search on Google.
Or hit F8 while booting to get into the BIOS, then go into Safe Mode, let it boot up completely, then shutdown and boot up normal.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:20 AM