Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cobalt SS/SC or SRT4??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-02-2010, 05:32 PM

WRX, absolutely NOT. I cannot even tell you how much I despise those cars. WRX=GSXR in my book. Every tokyo drifter and his pals own one. I HATE those care. WRX, STI, WRX wagons, hate them.

Thank you for the suggestions, but absoultely not on the WRX front.

I can only find a few SRTs, S2K, and SS/SC's around here, most of them are modded, which doesnt thrill me.

I own a 2004 Civic base model right now, doesnt look half bad, handles great, 43 MPG in the summer, and hell its about the same horsepower as my bike.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck
Thumbs down

that video is total BS imo. if you look closely at the tires they are spinning WAY to much to pull that load in those conditions. im not saying it couldnt. that car has the HP, but not for those conditions.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fearless4x4
that video is total BS imo. if you look closely at the tires they are spinning WAY to much to pull that load in those conditions. im not saying it couldnt. that car has the HP, but not for those conditions.
Depends on the tires. Those rims make me wanna say that's a version 7 STi, which means it's still got an active center diff, you'd be surprised at how well they find a compromise between slip/grip.

Also, everyone has their thing, but don't write off a subie until you try driving one. And "tokyo drifters" get 240sx's, not subies.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Junior2552
WRX ftw?? I do like the Mazda 6's, but my only pet peeve with them, is that they've got one of the largest turning radii i've ever seen in my life.

Hey Junior, you wouldn't happen to be in the NY tri-state area would you? Do EcuTek and UTEC tuning? (Sorry the treadjack)

Old 01-03-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by raylee
Hey Junior, you wouldn't happen to be in the NY tri-state area would you? Do EcuTek and UTEC tuning? (Sorry the treadjack)
no sir! sorry!

and Timmy, honestly, you shouldn't knock on any subaru. because around these parts, they're a very rare breed. and none of them are ever riced out, with obnoxious colors and neons, they don't sound like dumptrucks, and they're fast, agile cars. you claim how much you hate Subaru's but clearly you've never driven one... because it's not very easy to "tokyo drift" a wrx at all. they stick to the road too much for drifting in dry weather.., so you're ignorance is not appreciated. nobody knocked on your car choice, so relax.

and yeah, the STi has the active diff control, and furthermore, that video was more comical than anything. haha, i thought it was really funny. it's not really the first thing that comes to mind when i think.."hey i need a tow.."

Old 01-03-2010, 11:50 AM

scap that other crap...bang for buck==wrx , fun to drive , mad mods out there, and it looks pretty sweet, prolly hard to find one that hasnt had its guts kicked in by some yooth..

Old 01-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by bambam
scap that other crap...bang for buck==wrx , fun to drive , mad mods out there, and it looks pretty sweet, prolly hard to find one that hasnt had its guts kicked in by some yooth..
exactly. and you never hear anybody bitch about how it's falling apart... like an SRT or a Cobalt.. it's a car. not a toy. +1 BamBam.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:39 PM

Drove a wrx and just didn't like it, too slow on the highway. Neve
r drove an sti though. I've been looking more at the srt4, anyone reccomend a f
good forum for them?
I do appreciate All feedback you guys offered didn't mean to sound rude before, I dislike those cars And most of the people that drive them

Old 01-03-2010, 08:15 PM

wrx x4.....5? I lost count...

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS/SC or SRT4??