Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Check out this post out of my cobalt forum!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out this post out of my cobalt forum!!!!!

By the way I'm Cobaltinator on the yourcobalt.com forum I told the guy that you never wiave at scooters. They arent motorcycles....

Originally Posted by ryan3243
dude...met a guy that drove a scooter at this meet one time. he was cool as hell. he was an EMT for a local hospital and the scooter he had was so comfy. ended up following him and a couple of my friends on their bikes around in my cobalt. they kept asking me how the hell i kept up. fun night.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Default RE: Check out this post out of my cobalt forum!!!!!

<edit> Woops... messed this one up. *shakes fist angerly at his mouse-clicking finger*

Old 12-18-2007, 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: cbr6oo

By the way I'm Cobaltinator on the yourcobalt.com forum I told the guy that you never wiave at scooters. They arent motorcycles....

Originally Posted by ryan3243
dude...met a guy that drove a scooter at this meet one time. he was cool as hell. he was an EMT for a local hospital and the scooter he had was so comfy. ended up following him and a couple of my friends on their bikes around in my cobalt. they kept asking me how the hell i kept up. fun night.
Uhh, I'm very confused. When you said "I told the guy that you".... what guy and to whom are you talking too? And... from your quote... were you saying they were suprised that you could keep up with a scooter in your cobalt car? Just lookin' for some clarity is all.

Anyways... Scooters aren't real motorcycles (to me), but I still wave to them. They're out there enjoying the weather and the ride just like I am. The only difference (usually) is the size of the engine, the amount of dinosaur fuel we burn per mile, and the shifting style of our transmissions. Psh, I might be able to smoke a scooter in the twisties and, not counting the larger scooters, on the highway... but if we're both staying legal and in our element, they'll catch me at the gas station and anytime I need to carry something (like from the store) every time! I wish my cbr got 100 mpg!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned

So the question we are trying to answer is how a Cobalt can keep up with a scooter? I am not sure if that was an insult or a compliment. Either way I wave at everyone on the road, I look like a mental patient on a parade float.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I look like a mental patient on a parade float.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-18-2007, 12:41 PM

If anyone else is brave enuf to take to the road on two wheels, be it a scooter or a harley, I give them the wave, if they don't wave back oh well

Old 12-18-2007, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Maxboost44

If anyone else is brave enuf to take to the road on two wheels, be it a scooter or a harley, I give them the wave, if they don't wave back oh well
+1 there man.....it is dangerous for ALL of us......but scooters are not real motorcycles though....

Old 12-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gt2nv

+1 there man.....it is dangerous for ALL of us......but scooters are not real motorcycles though....
while we are getting our minds out there, i just want to make it clear, that midgets are not real people either.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:50 PM

I don't get this post? Oh well i try to wave at all bikers, but I tend to not wave at scooters. I have noticed around here that scooter people do not use gear of any kind. I think you should use gear anytime your on the road.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: gt2nv

Do you know that there are some 600cc scooters out there? They're advancing. The serious scooter guys/gals in my area ride geared up and can do highway speeds with ease. I wave.

Quick Reply: Check out this post out of my cobalt forum!!!!!