Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Charges Dropped!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:15 AM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charges Dropped!

So some of you folks may remember way back in January I got a BS ticket for "failure to maintain lane"... long story short... I hit a pothole in the road at 11:30 at night... got two flat tires. I called the police to have them file an incident report so I could follow up with the county to see what the procedure is to 1. have the hole repaired (still not repaired btw) and 2. get my tires replaced (techincally not the counties responsibility). Well the cop didn't like that so he wrote me a $1000 ticket for "Failure to maintain lane" and then filed my incident report.

Months go by, and yesterday I have my day in court. Usually the officers don't show up for minor violiations, but he showed up for mine! Anyways I get there about half an hour early, and I have my two witness who were with me in the car to agree that I never "failed to maintain lane". The solicitor calls my name, says "do you want to talk about this before we go through with the trial," I show her the pictures, explain the story, and about 15 seconds into it she cuts me off...

"So wait... you called the cops? (Yes)...and there was no accident? (yes) and he wasn't there when you supposedly did this? (correct) So no officer saw you commit any violation? (yes ma'am)..."

She looks me straight in the face and says "he cant do that... we're dropping this to a warning and dropping all the charges without any points or fees..."

I sat in a chair for about 5 minutes while she went out into the hallway to talk to him, and I heard her tell him he couldn't do that, he looks back at me and then walks out without saying a word. We saw him outside on the way out and he pretended like he didn't see us.

VICTORY!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Charges Dropped!

haha FTW

Old 05-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VS FTW!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

Way to stick it to the man! Just watch out for this dude on the road, cause if there's one thing I know it's that cops don't like to be told they can't do something, so this dude is going to be looking for any excuse he can find to write you a ticket that you won't get dismissed next time.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, when they get knocked off their high horse lol.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:44 AM

lol...now get some new free tires from that dick of a cop too!!!

WIN

Old 05-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned

Bah, glad it worked out for you.

Don't listen to the naysayers, I prefer to believe you may have helped mold another decent cop by the whole incident. Sure, you could believe that he's just gonna hunt you down and get his rocks off, but that's a bit of a stretch to say you've made a cops most wanted list because his ticket didn't stick...

Congrats buddy, go buy some lottery tickets

Old 05-22-2008, 11:17 AM

way to go dude,stick it to em.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Good for you bro, bout time you get a little good karma on your side

Old 05-22-2008, 12:33 PM

For once it worked out for one of us. So many cops think the are above the law and can do what they want. That's the problem when you take a man and give him lots of power over other men.

Quick Reply: Charges Dropped!