Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"a chain is as strong as its' weakest link"

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "a chain is as strong as its' weakest link"

Time for venting

Well first of all the start of my day was complete junk. I wake up late, because my power went out in my house last night, i get to work late, for the third time and of course im fired!!!!!!!!!!!

After that, i was just kinda shocked and speechless. so i went to my only support in my life reallly ( my girl friend) and well i dont even know but we kept fighting and fighting all day and she broke up with me!!!!!!!!! After 9 months.

So by now im speechless, sad, and heart broken. After thinking awile and shedding a few tears, i go out to my salvation, my CBR. I got a few great hours of riding in, the weather was amazing and i was staring to become happy again.

Well what do you know, my Chain broke!! on my bike!!!!!!! and i have been stranded at some gas station waiting for my friend to bring his truck so i can take my bike home. That only took a hour and a half.

I cant belive my day today, its so bad and i cant belive its happing to me.
well thanks for lisenting to me you guys, have fun riding. i know i will after a few days of nothing

Old 05-23-2009, 08:11 PM

Wow man I hope tomorrow is a better day. Seems like one of those bad dreams that your soooo happy to wake up from and realize it all didn't really happen.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:22 AM

harsh man, well they say bad luck comes in 3's so you should be good for a while now!

Old 05-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Registered Users

The only way from the bottom is back up right?

Old 05-24-2009, 03:55 AM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Wow, hmmmm
That one is a trip.
The job-its their loss (find one without a **** leader)
The Girl- gold digger (if she cant be there for you in a time like this when it counts then you need another anyway)
The bike- Ouch, i really dont know where to put that cherry. I guess at least it could have happened in a far worse area and time.

Its times like this that will test a man. Stay strong dude and pass the test and the opposite of today will be your reward.

Drink some brew with your closest bro and brainstorm then come back with a vengeance after a few days of video game playing and kicking back. Don't wait too long though.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:20 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alarm clock with battery backup is priceless ... that and I use the cell phone as an extra alarm clock. Getting up at 4:00am for work is a chore to say the least.

GF breaking up is a blessing in disguise. Someone that'll give you crap on the day you get fired is not the kind I'd want around.

I didn't see any mention of other damage to the bike ... often a broken chain will whip around and take out a chunk of the crankcase housing. Hopefully it's just a broken chain ... couple Benjamins and good to go

Old 05-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know its easy to be wise after the event but I carry a spare link under my seat always - easier to get going if you only have to find a couple of spanners to move the wheel (if you don't have them with you.)
Bad luck buddy - life will get better again - it always does !

Old 05-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I thought I was having a bad day, wot can I say, but like the old saying of yours, "A chain is as strong as it's weakest link". Another one springs to mind "Sh*t happens" or Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong & at the most inconvenient time".
Be brave young grasshopper, tomorrow is another day.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:01 PM

i dont get it. you broke up with a effing bizatch. how is that bad?