Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cell Phones

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cell Phones

in PR you see it all the time. I have personally seen motorcycle messangers drinking out of a paper cup and talking on the phone while riding. They just stick the cup between the handlebars and the instrument cluster and wedge the phone on the strap of the roman helmet.

Also most motorcyle cops do the same with the phone winle on dutty. its shamefull.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:32 AM

My friend does it all the time. He txt's and rides too.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:39 AM

a month or so back i saw a guy pulling out of a convenience store on a sportster drinking a coffee.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:32 AM

text and riding...... wow, that takes no brains at all on a cycle.(orcar)You might as well start digging the hole in the ground for that. The reason I started this was last week I had to sound my horn three times last week cuz people with phones stuck to their heads were drifting into my lane.

It's all good till the kill someone I guess.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:33 AM

they kill someone (hate typeing on a laptop)

Old 06-23-2008, 09:39 AM

I had a little girl, like maybe six years old, come right out into my street in front of me and an SUV coming the other way last week on a bicycle. Yeah, she had a cell phone to her ear.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:52 AM

Apparently here in NC starting in July it will be illegal to use a hand held while driving, and not before time too! I hate the damn things at the best of times and have always thought that it's stupid to do while driving. Studies have shown that they are as dangerous as drunk driving. Maybe if all the LEO's stop jabbering on theirs the public might just go along with the idea. At the moment there will be a fine only, but in the UK it's a fine plus points on your license. I don't think that a fine alone will stop people unless it was huge and here they are talking less than $100. Between drivers fiddling with their radio, eating, drinking, smoking, reading, watching DVDs, etc. it's a wonder any of us ever get from A to B alive.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 AM

jestor i have a question....why did it cost you your bike and why couldn't you get another one until 4 years ago? 120mph? you already know most are going to ask "why stop?"

Old 06-23-2008, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: jetjestor

I was driving to work the other day and what did I see? A guy on motorcycle talking a cell phone as he rode it.(no gear, but the phone)God... it's bad enough its seems like now days the only place to make a call is when you get into a car. I see it all the time when people get into the car is to start dialing on the phone. I never use my cell in the car. That why there is voice mail. I believe they should pass a law no phones in the car, and enforce it. Thousand dollar fines getting caught. They say the police need funds otherwise the services with have to cut back. To me it seem a good way to get their heads back on to driving and watching for motorcycles. What do you think?
wow...that takes some talent just to be able to do it. Dumbest thing I have ever heard of though[:@]

Old 06-23-2008, 12:47 PM

i dnt think its too bad or too difficult depending on the roads and traffic conditions u r riding in...

Quick Reply: Cell Phones