Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Casey Stoner to Retire

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BadS1
Is he asking about Indy ??? If so they practice Friday... Qual on Saturday.... then race Sunday. That would be all 3 classes. Meaning Moto GP,Moto 2 and Moto 3. The Tractors (HD) RACE same day. If your speaking of Laguna Conrice is correct.
ya, i know everyone goes to indy, i assumed he was talking about laguna though because of the header on his post

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
When I went to Barber last year for the AMA event - I initially wasn't interested in the Harley 1200 class. After watching those guys go that hard on a bike that wasn't that far off from a production XR1200R, I was pretty impressed.

I can't remember if it was Steve Rapp or Chris Fillmore that won - but both podiumed, and one of them mentioned that he had just bought that bike a couple of months earlier and gotten it race ready, and that it probably doesn't make sense to be racing a bike that he's still paying the note on, but winning makes up for it.

i absolutely LOVE the harley class. they sound awesome, i love the old school superbike bars, the racing is phenomenal, and not to mention, it's a really cost effective way to go racing if you've got the skill. the xr1200r is one harley that i WOULD own - so long as i could update the suspension and exhaust like they do in the race class