Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Casey Stoner to Retire

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ya, it's hard to believe. he's way too young. i have a hunch though that it's because of crt next season though more so than just "family reasons". he blatantly told the press he would not ride unless it was prototype racing next year in an interview last season

CRT's don't interest Casey Stoner

Old 05-18-2012, 10:50 AM

ye he mentioned in the first link that racing is not enjoyable anymore, im more than certain it has to do with the changes

Old 05-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wow, Stoner Retiring!!!

The end to one of the best. But I guess if the passion isn't there, no need to risk injury.
Casey Stoner to retire from MotoGP! | Page 1 | MotoGP News | May 2012 | Crash.Net

Old 05-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Default Laguna Seca

hi guys! i was planning on going to the race this year when it comes. i have never been to a race nor paid much attention. i've been missing out huh? anyways when i looked up the event, it list three days.? do they race all three days? or only one of those days?? thanks in adv.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

no, they all race on sunday (as far as motogp), but only motogp will be there (no moto2 or moto3). the ama pro - daytona sportbike and superbike -will race . and you have the supersport class, the harley class. but all the classes have practices, then qualifying, and racing. as well, they do a bunch of side events like celebrities and fans getting to ride 2up on dumbed down motogp bikes for example. it's a lot of good stuff at laguna. i hope you decide to go. have fun there!

Last edited by Conrice; 05-19-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice
no, they all race on sunday (as far as motogp), but only motogp will be there (no moto2 or moto3). the ama pro - daytona sportbike and superbike -will race . and you have the supersport class, the harley class. but all the classes have practices, then qualifying, and racing. as well, they do a bunch of side events like celebrities and fans getting to ride 2up on dumbed down motogp bikes for example. it's a lot of good stuff at laguna. i hope you decide to go. have fun there!
Is he asking about Indy ??? If so they practice Friday... Qual on Saturday.... then race Sunday. That would be all 3 classes. Meaning Moto GP,Moto 2 and Moto 3. The Tractors (HD) RACE same day. If your speaking of Laguna Conrice is correct.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:06 AM

yeah i was asking about motogp, wanting to see some good battles from rossi stoner or lorenzo. Heard they were amongst the best and i do see some good runs on tv when i get the chance. but honestly i've never really payed much attention to the races, im always out riding w/ friends when i have free time. so this time around im going to laguna for sure! im actually only 2 to 3 hours away. thanks guys.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
...the harley class.
When I went to Barber last year for the AMA event - I initially wasn't interested in the Harley 1200 class. After watching those guys go that hard on a bike that wasn't that far off from a production XR1200R, I was pretty impressed.

I can't remember if it was Steve Rapp or Chris Fillmore that won - but both podiumed, and one of them mentioned that he had just bought that bike a couple of months earlier and gotten it race ready, and that it probably doesn't make sense to be racing a bike that he's still paying the note on, but winning makes up for it.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RiceBoy
yeah i was asking about motogp, wanting to see some good battles from rossi stoner or lorenzo. Heard they were amongst the best and i do see some good runs on tv when i get the chance. but honestly i've never really payed much attention to the races, im always out riding w/ friends when i have free time. so this time around im going to laguna for sure! im actually only 2 to 3 hours away. thanks guys.
Don't count out the AMA Superbike riders - if you haven't been watching Josh Hayes and Blake Young battling this season, you've been missing some really good racing.

Quick Reply: Casey Stoner to Retire