Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

be careful guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default be careful guys

i sold my bike( 01 f4i) last june to some kid https://cbrforum.com/m_325807/tm.htm. i warned him it was not a toy becuase he had the attitude it was just a 600 and thought he was smart becuase at least he wasnt starting on a 1000. my freind came over the other day and while waiting for me i told him to check out the pics of my new toy and flipping through he looked at the pics and saw the f4i he goes did you sell that to this person he knew. i said i dont know let me check my records ( i keeped copy of the tittle and have a copy of bill of sale) sure enogh it was the guy.

he continues to tell me that the kid had a very bad accident on the bike maybe 2 months after he got it. he said he saw the bike siting in his driveway on its side completly destroyed. the kid had a few broken bones but lived. please dont underestimate these machines there very dangerous.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: be careful guys

Thanks Camaro. It always blows my mind that some people look at a 600 as a small bike. That's like thinking a .38 special is a good gun to use for Russian Roulette because it is not a very large caliber. Glad the kid was okay, and I'll bet he learned his lesson.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 PM

That's too bad to hear. I hope he learned his lesson... but I would bet that he ends up just saying bikes are bad and trashing on them from here out because he made a poor decision. I wish people would listen when the experienced riders say things. We don't say "get a 250" because we WANT someone to have a bad time or be un-safe. We say it because, those of us that did it this way, learned a lot on the "small" bikes... you develop your skills much quicker starting smaller, which just lends a hand to handling your larger bikes when the time comes. Oh well.

I still hope the kids okay and that he learns from whatever happened and steps up to the plate again, only this time a little wiser and a little safer, armed with his hard-earned knowledge from whatever happened.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reminds me of a few months ago when I moved into my house and my mom came over to look at it. She was in my garage looking around and saw my old engine sitting on the ground, and she said, "What is that?" I said, "The old engine out of my bike." Her eyes got all big and said, "THAT is the engine in your bike!?!" I don't think people realize the power and/or size a 600 has, and unfortunately those people include some of us purchasing them.

Oh, and in this case, I feel for the bike. Poor thing was short lived due to arrogrance. The kid lives on, the bike.....not so much.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:31 PM

well said. i have always try to educate people about the do's and don'ts when purchasing a race bike. I believe that when you think that you have mastered the basics only then do I think you should ride a 600. the 600 and the 1000 are very dangerous machines when placed in the wrong hands. before i got my 600. I did plenty of track days on my 250 to get the hang of manuvariong, throttle control, gear shifting and brake control. the problem with the young folk is that they are not patient. They want everything now. They would ride a 1000 with out any training if they could. I personally blame the dealers for selling high powered bike to learners or peaple who have trouble keeping the bike straight. I have seen my fair of bike accidents because there are some out there who think they are the next stoner or rossi tearing the streets without thinking about the consequences.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:40 PM

i hope that kid has changed his attitude about riding after this...whether it be "i guess riding isnt for me" or "wow...my dumbass needs to be more careful...riders course, gear, etc."...its these kind of riders that give us a bad name, or that make the road more dangerous for us and everyone else...glad he's ok though i guess...although he did have it coming...

Old 02-22-2008, 05:17 PM

I normally state that I owned a 1998 cbr 900RR and then I point out how the newer 600's are more powerful and weigh a lot less. That usually opens thier eyes a little.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Banned

Its funny that whenever someone suggests that a modern 600 is too much bike for a noob, every rider that didn't crash while learning on their 600 posts about how 'if you respect it...' or 'ride within your limits...'

The only time I get irked at the people on this forum is whensomeone says that they are getting a 07600RR as their first bike and nobody that knows better will explain why it is really just dumb. Lets face it, most 18 year old kids can barely drive their cars safely let alone a sportbike, and those of you than can drive their cars with any realability then I apoligize for my remarks.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Banned

maybe i am just an ******* but if he was/is an idiot and didn't take the time to learn and respect the bike then he deserved it.. got to learn somehow.. he chose the hardway

Old 02-22-2008, 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

maybe i am just an ******* but if he was/is an idiot and didn't take the time to learn and respect the bike then he deserved it.. got to learn somehow.. he chose the hardway
+1...and we're not ******** for thinking it...

Quick Reply: be careful guys