Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Can I get a loan?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan92
dont you have to be in college to get a student credit card? I'm still a senior in high school

seriously go to local credit union with all your money, open an account and chit chat. or maybe your parents bank for a referall bonus. they may give you one anyways(helps A LOT if you currently have a job). no asking others to cash a check, or paying check cash lots.
Also, parents/family/friends also cant steal, 'borrow', or leverage it against you. ie you can tell them stfu nicely when they tell you your purchases are a bad idea. Credit is a hell of a lot more convenient for online ordering, and bills than cash.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tucsondude
Credit is a hell of a lot more convenient for online ordering, and bills than cash.
I would disagree here - a checking debit card , even tied to a paypal account is my preference opposed to a credit card for online purchases.

Although it doesn't build credit rating this way, it can keep you from ruining one.

Take it from a guy that suffered from credit card over use when I was a freshman in college - took years to pay that off finally.

Without the temptation of a lot of available credit, you can't make impulsive purchases that get you tied into a big interest rate.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 PM

I already have a checking account, but my bank doesnt give 18 year olds credit cards of any kind without a cosigner

Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 PM

NO!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
I would disagree here - a checking debit card , even tied to a paypal account is my preference opposed to a credit card for online purchases.

Although it doesn't build credit rating this way, it can keep you from ruining one.

Take it from a guy that suffered from credit card over use when I was a freshman in college - took years to pay that off finally.

Without the temptation of a lot of available credit, you can't make impulsive purchases that get you tied into a big interest rate.
For people who are responsible, Credit Cards are the best way to purchase online, and in general. They provide an additional level of protection to the card holder. I buy everything online with a CC, and a lot of my daily purchases.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM

I havent read all the post but go to capital one website and they have a"build ur credit" kind of credit card for ppl w/or w out credit .....thats what I got my SHEDEVIL (my girl)cuz she had bad credit

the card is called capital one "journey" card theyll give you $300 max and like nate said if you pay it off within the first month you wont be charged any interest and stay under1/3 of ur limit-$100

but from what I have read it seems to me if you cant save up $1800 then you dont need/want a bike bad enough then just my 2 pennies and not trying to be a di*k bout it but its the truth bro

Old 01-10-2011, 02:49 PM

Ya I can for sure save up for it I'm eighteen and have bought myself 2 dirtbikes a four-wheeler and my car so I am responsible enough to save up for a bike I was just thinkin this would help me get one before the riding season is mostly over.