Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Call of Duty 4!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007 | 07:19 PM
Default RE: Call of Duty 4!!!

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

the reason the PS3 doesnt have any games out.. actually they are starting to arrive now.. is because it takes them about 2times as long to write the games in blu ray format.. i was told.. not sure how accurate this is.. but blu rays hold something like 35 gig.. and dvds/xbox games hold like 7... and the PS3 is hackable.. just like the xbox. you just have to comply with the updates..

i love my ps3.. dont like xbox controllers.. but if i cant find an NES ill settle for an xbox as a second system. . .

No PS3 will ever use 35 gigs. Not even close.

Also having a console being able to play movies is gay. I dont get a console so I can watch King Kongs ding dong in HD or blue ray. I get a console to play games. There's is only one of my friends that plays movies on his. The others are smart, the more you use it the faster it'll wear out. ALL CD CONSOLES WEAR OUT.
i didnt say it would use 35gigs.. no way could it use 35gigs of RAM... but that blue ray discs holds 50gig of information on dual layer discs. . . is the correct ammount.. and dvd capacity is 4.7gigs.. thats all i was saying.. and why not use it to watch blue rays? thats why you pay that much money.. i use it to the fullest extent.. and i have no problem buying another one in 5yrs or so ... my ps2 is 6yrs old and still rockin.. and my ps3 has a 60gig hard drive.. with a 120 gig external. . . ... ..

Ram is random access memory. Completely different than cd/dvd disc files.

Old 11-14-2007 | 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

sega genesis > 360/ps3/wii/your moms

MAME>PC>360>xbox>ps2>ps3

Old 11-14-2007 | 07:23 PM

Another 1up for the PS3 is the backwards compatibility that actually works. Sony stuck with "hardware" instead of "****ware" (software) that Microsoft did with the 360.

The PS3 also had the PS2 cpu on its mobo. The only thing is I think its only on certain models of the PS3.

Old 11-14-2007 | 10:30 PM

catamayos avatar > ps3/xbox/pc/mac/iphone/pay phone/pager/sega/SNES/NES/gamecube/mymom/and hillaryclinton
+1!!!

Old 11-15-2007 | 01:01 AM

sorry guys but i have to toss in my .02, a friend at work let me borrow COD4 and it was so freaking addicting i didnt do crap but play it both of my days off and i didnt once log onto x-box live. thats sad b/c normally the first thing i do is see how a game plays online. it even broke me away from playing rainbow six vegas. i beat the game on hardened and was working on veteran when i had to bring it back tonight and trust me this game rocks, i will be buying it in short order. its super addictive.

Old 11-15-2007 | 02:38 AM

Hey if any of you play some halo 3 hit me up with your gamer tag... Mines Irishman2913, umm dont ask why but i have been using my friends since he doesnt use it ever. I mean cant complain cause he is paying for it still, Anyways just send me a pm if you wanna play

Old 11-15-2007 | 02:43 AM

ORIGINAL: FITZ

Hey if any of you play some halo 3 hit me up with your gamer tag... Mines Irishman2913, umm dont ask why but i have been using my friends since he doesnt use it ever. I mean cant complain cause he is paying for it still, Anyways just send me a pm if you wanna play
If you do a search ( not being a smartass) theres a thread on here with everyone halo/360 gamertags

Old 11-15-2007 | 10:07 AM

Well, seeing as how this turned into another 360 vs. PS3 thread. Take a look at this graphical comparison, just rollover the images and they will change to the crappy ps3 renderings.....

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/

There will not be a new console for some time. This generation will be the one where they incrementally upgrade the current systems to newer models to perform better, etc. IE, 360 Elite. On another note, AT&T struck a deal with MS where they will begin issuing 360s as cable boxes. That's right, 360 as a cable box, you pay nothing, get a 360 to use as a cable box, and whats that? you get to play games on it too! Oh yeah. 360 BC actually works, just not for all games b/c they had to be reworked. PS3 HAD to make sure BC worked to the fullest extent b/c that is where all the games are for, PS2, they still make more PS2 games than PS3. Plus, Sony screwed themselves on Blu-Ray when they prohibited pr0n on them.

It's all good Havoc, I'll catch you online at another time. I'm getting a lot better too. Finally got my claymores too, w00t!

Old 12-06-2008 | 08:20 AM

Yeah I brought it back from the dead. I got my xbox back the other day and was wondering if anyone is up for some fun?

Old 12-06-2008 | 10:25 AM

Screw ps3's AND 360's. PC's own all.
Whenever I play halo on a 360 at my buddy's house I always bitch about how slow the joysticks are and how it sucks and how if I had a keyboard and mouse blah blah...

If there were cross platform gaming for COD4, all would be owned by PC's because joysticks don't hold a candle to the flickability and target acquisition that you can get with a mouse.

Grant Collier, head of Infinity Ward, and currently developing Call Of Duty 4, have revealed why the team has decided not to include cross platform interactivity in their upcoming game. Collier thinks that whilst cross platform maybe good for games like Tetris or card games, when it comes to FPSs or RTSs, there's just no point. He sites PC gamers using a mouse as having too much of an advantage over console gamers using joypads for them to even consider the option.
Quote:[/align] "We said no and they didn't call back," he said to IGN. "Our rep left us a message saying 'hey, want to talk about this, Live Anywhere, it's big, it's cool', and I thought, well yeah, if you're playing online poker, but who wants to be playing an RTS on a console and have some guy on a PC clicking and dragging all his troops, attacking your base while you're sitting there with your thumb sticks. So I think for FPSs and RTSs, no way, but for, y'know, card games or Tetris or something like that. There are games that I think it's cool for, but there are other games where I don't think there's any point."

Quick Reply: Call of Duty 4!!!