Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

California Traffic Violations Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Traffic Violations Question

I got Insurance for my new CBR600RR a month ago. When asked about my driving record, I checked "No Violations" on the application, (which is true). I signed-up and paid for my new policy. Well, about three weeks later I get a letter in the mail stating that they were raising my premium because of one minor traffic violation that I did not disclose and an additional "Fraud" charge. Well, the only thing I can think of is a speeding ticket I received back three years ago and went to Traffic School for to keep it off my record. My question is: Do these minor moving violations still show-up on you California DMV even if you go to Traffic School? And if so, for how long? Thanks.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Default RE: California Traffic Violations Question

If it's over 3 years than it should be cleared...

I've heard mixed things as to whether they can actually tell that there was a ticket if you attended traffic school. Someone else will have to chime in. Why don't you call them? Sounds like you have progressive, they should have sent you a packet with all your crap in it. One page will be your driving record.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Default RE: California Traffic Violations Question

No, it's not Progressive. I'm going to go to DMV on Monday and get a copy of my driving record. It was three years exactly last week. So, it should not show-up on my record on Monday traffic school or not. I will provide this copy to my insurance company. If they don't lower it back to where it was, I will find a new carrier. Thanks. BTW - Only the claims dept. is open on weekends. So, I can't talk to anyone until Monday. Thought I would find out about the Traffic School thing here. Thx.