Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

bummed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bummed.

Just a few years older than you waking up around the world with the same problem. Relatively speaking, but maybe with an added twist. They have been just physically injured themselves are lost the life of someone then grown to know and or care about.
+1 Hardcorp.

A few years ago my wife of 17 years left me, my mother died, and then my father died, All in about 100 days. People would ask me how I was and that it was so bad for me. But I thought about the 18 and 19 years olds that lost a leg or an arm or died in Afganistan or Iraq and I felt lucky and simply saidto these people that it was all a part of life, it could always be worse for me. Life sometimes sucks, but that is what makes us who we are. If life was almost always perfect then burning the toast would be a trajedy or getting a hang-nail would be a major crisis.

Working hard, being bored,and losing your girlfriend ain't dick. It sucks but tough. That is life. If you have 6 hours of real fun a week, that is plenty, more than most. We all got dumped, we all worked hard, we all were sad, be thankful for what you have. Be thankful you didn't die in your accident, be thankful your helmet stayed on even though you didn't strap it on, be thankful you have a job and that you aren't homeless, be thankful you only hurt your shoulder, got dumped and have to got to work.

If you go on meds you are a *****.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Just a few years older than you waking up around the world with the same problem. Relatively speaking, but maybe with an added twist. They have been just physically injured themselves are lost the life of someone then grown to know and or care about.
+1 Hardcorp.

A few years ago my wife of 17 years left me, my mother died, and then my father died, All in about 100 days. People would ask me how I was and that it was so bad for me. But I thought about the 18 and 19 years olds that lost a leg or an arm or died in Afganistan or Iraq and I felt lucky and simply saidto these people that it was all a part of life, it could always be worse for me. Life sometimes sucks, but that is what makes us who we are. If life was almost always perfect then burning the toast would be a trajedy or getting a hang-nail would be a major crisis.

Working hard, being bored,and losing your girlfriend ain't dick. It sucks but tough. That is life. If you have 6 hours of real fun a week, that is plenty, more than most. We all got dumped, we all worked hard, we all were sad, be thankful for what you have. Be thankful you didn't die in your accident, be thankful your helmet stayed on even though you didn't strap it on, be thankful you have a job and that you aren't homeless, be thankful you only hurt your shoulder, got dumped and have to got to work.

If you go on meds you are a *****.
Well said Sir.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:42 PM

harsh...

but good advice..i know things could be 29587349857439x worse..

and im trying to stay off the meds..but its hard when your parents are on your case making a huge deal out of them.

and just for the record..the helmet didnt stay on my head
it took flying lessons.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I let you call me a ***** can I have some meds?

Old 03-13-2008, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: AAnderson

JD:
i cant ride my bike, its in pieces, and im having trouble coming up with the money to fix it, and thats my only stress reliever right now...

and

BlindinOrange:
Well after a horrible year I am sad to say that I am no longer going to have a Bike..... the repo man came last Fri night and took pitty on me and let me have it for one more week to see if I can get it out of collections but he will be back tomarrow.... I am not the type to hide it and be dishonest, he put his neck out for me the least I can do is the honorable thing..I just cant get all the money in time so its a no go..

The only difference I see here is... JD stepped out and literally ASKED for someone to give him money. Shame... I might not be liked anymore, but I think im pointing out the obvious. Free money cry out if you ask me.

I just broke up with my gf after 4 years, my newduplex I moved into 4 months ago burned down, and I lost my job 6 months ago because I left work to go see my mother in the hospital (after her lung collapsed). I am only employed at a convenience store, rather than my desk job at FedEx, and have no money to keep my 954, the reason I am trying to sell it, and avoid calls from GE MONEYBANK, ruining my credit. You dont have it so bad, grow a pair and understand things could be a lot worst.
Well AAnderson, I never liked you so we can get that straight.
As for what you have posted here? WTF?

[sm=rant.gif] It is completely obvious JD is only saying that fixing his bike is his only stress relief. Why are you always lookin for trouble man? Are you seriously reading stuff differently then everyone else or is it a show? And if you are such an oppinionated person. Maybe you should just pick what your saying better.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:34 PM

Whatever CBR Jockey, nobody wants to sit and listen to peoples' personal problems on this forum anyway. Why the hell would he even say hes having trouble "coming up with money to fix his bike" if its not a cry for financial help? I don't trust people, and I even have a hard time beleiving Blindin needed that money for his repo guy. (sorry if that's actually what you used the money towards, but I doubt it)

I have given people money in their time of need, but need to fully understand the problem and know they're telling the truth first.

I saw a guy in our town, standing on the side of the street, with a sign saying "will work for food" about a year ago. I felt bad for him, so going through the drive-thru at mcdonalds, I bought him a double cheeseburger, and brought it back to him. I even got out of my car, and walked up to him. I handed him the bag of mcdonalds with his burger that I bought him in it, and he proceeded to tell me he "doesnt like ketchup" and didnt want it. I was so pissed.

And- Ihad this guy and gal (who had a VERYYYYY convincing story) come up to me and my old gf with these papers that said 'Mayo Clinic' all over them, with writing. He told me his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, and they needed money to help pay medical bills. I gave him a $50 bill, and read in the paper a week later they were busted for fraud. I have a hard time trusting people nowadays, and think that it was...quote me here... "absolutely amazing" what everyone did for BlindinOrange, and congratulate everyone for coming together and helping him, YET in the back of my mind im thinking he's using this money to pay off the bike, and sit back and enjoy the free money coming in.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Anderson, maybe you have only been around here for three weeks, but if you have not noticed we are like family. The other members on this site are my brothers and sisters and I would gladly do anything that I can to help them out in a time of need, because I know they would do the same for me. Nobody is asking for you to donate money to anything. This is not even the topic at hand, so I'm going to ask you as an adult to stop the hijack in progress and allow the thread to continue as intended. If that is your personal opinion, that is fine, you have expressed it and we all understand. Now move on.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Well, Anderson, maybe you have only been around here for three weeks, but if you have not noticed we are like family. The other members on this site are my brothers and sisters and I would gladly do anything that I can to help them out in a time of need, because I know they would do the same for me. Nobody is asking for you to donate money to anything. This is not even the topic at hand, so I'm going to ask you as an adult to stop the hijack in progress and allow the thread to continue as intended. If that is your personal opinion, that is fine, you have expressed it and we all understand. Now move on.
That was a Virtual Slap... And nicely put saying STFU. hahaha

Old 03-13-2008, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: AAnderson

Whatever CBR Jockey, nobody wants to sit and listen to peoples' personal problems on this forum anyway. Why the hell would he even say hes having trouble "coming up with money to fix his bike" if its not a cry for financial help? I don't trust people, and I even have a hard time beleiving Blindin needed that money for his repo guy. (sorry if that's actually what you used the money towards, but I doubt it)

I have given people money in their time of need, but need to fully understand the problem and know they're telling the truth first.

I saw a guy in our town, standing on the side of the street, with a sign saying "will work for food" about a year ago. I felt bad for him, so going through the drive-thru at mcdonalds, I bought him a double cheeseburger, and brought it back to him. I even got out of my car, and walked up to him. I handed him the bag of mcdonalds with his burger that I bought him in it, and he proceeded to tell me he "doesnt like ketchup" and didnt want it. I was so pissed.

And- Ihad this guy and gal (who had a VERYYYYY convincing story) come up to me and my old gf with these papers that said 'Mayo Clinic' all over them, with writing. He told me his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, and they needed money to help pay medical bills. I gave him a $50 bill, and read in the paper a week later they were busted for fraud. I have a hard time trusting people nowadays, and think that it was...quote me here... "absolutely amazing" what everyone did for BlindinOrange, and congratulate everyone for coming together and helping him, YET in the back of my mind im thinking he's using this money to pay off the bike, and sit back and enjoy the free money coming in.
Whoa! Speak for yourself, but this if "Forum Blasphemy" i will not respond beyond that, seeing as how i am already on watch its best i dont speak my mind on this.....

Schmidt, well you should watch the episode of SP that aired last night, that might cheer you up, it was funny as hell, and hey watch some old classic fav movies of yours that are comedies, i find that helps, anytime you laugh it helps.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:05 PM

You have everything to look forward to. You are so young and haven't gotten to experience so many things. Like 18 you can move out and vote and 21 drink and go to bars and clubs and girls are all over the place. None of my friends had bikes til we were in our 20's. I grew up with a single mother gas station clerk too proud to take handouts or government assistance so I scraped by but we had food and shelter and I respect my mom so much for it. My dad bounced on me but these are things that make you better. If I ever have a kid he won't have to worry about me bailing on them. I know if my mother could do it on her own then me with no other mouths to feed better damn well be able to do it. There is nothing in this world worth ending your life for. Suicide has touched almost all of some how and it is never the right thing. My prayers go out to you and hope you pull through and look back on this like a stepping stone to making you a better person for overcoming life's obstacles. Peace.

Quick Reply: bummed.