Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Building up confidence..

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building up confidence..

So for the past couple of weekends my buddys and i have been riding from saturday till sunday night roughly 700 miles for the 2 days, Anyways today while i was in the back of the pack and the other guys were in 6th gear readline down a backroad i had some time to think.
They have been dusting me in the twisties and i just let them no point of pushing my self to fast and making a mistake, But if im in the lead which is very little there is a nice gap from me and the other guys behind and i can hold my own.
Well yesterday we had maybe 10 people i was in back and i must have been 3-4 min behind the second to last person, 3 guys come flying up on me and i just let them past they must have been going 120-140 around these curves which i take at the most 60 and these were blind curves.
Well last year with my f3 i would have been dusting these guys before i crashed i would have dusted these guys also but ever since i crashed i have not been able to get my confidence back up to were they should be, Dont get me wrong i would love to hit some twisties in the front of the pack and have everyone think wow he's good. When i start to hit them real good i start not really freaking out but kinda thinking im pushing my self to far to fast so i start to slow down and go real slow.
So i guess my question is how do i build my confidence back up ?
These are backroads im talking about, when i started to get my confidence back up i read a article online saying that a kid on a minnesota backround hit a corner to fast drifted in the other lane and hit a car head on died on scene the guy behind him hit the guys bike and lost control and also crashed and this has also been on my mind, I don't want something like this to happen either.
Any ideas on what i should do?
Sorry about the punctuation stuff i faild english class.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Building up confidence..

best advice.........keep doing what you are doing. if reading things like that article and recalling you're accident to where you dont feel confident, then do not push it. im sure it will come back to you just as it came to you when you began riding you're first sportbike.

i'd just take it easy just like you are until you dont have to ask "us" that question, and you KNOW you feel confident in what you are doing.

be safe, have fun!

Old 09-03-2007, 09:22 PM

I'm not sure its a confidence thing, what you had when you crashed was a dose of reality, me thinks your subconcience is telling you its time to SLOW down a bit any ways thats my 2cents

Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

120-140 around blind curves? Not happening.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dont get me wrong i would love to hit some twisties in the front of the pack and have everyone think wow he's good.
First thing I can think of is: "Who gives a **** WHAT they think?". It's YOUR *** on YOUR bike. Ride it like YOU want to ride it.

If you are looking to gain confidence in a quick way, then go to a track school or at least just do a track day. That gives you a controlled environment in which to practice your skills in a repetative course. This will allow you to build on the bike AND you.

Leave the ego at home bro. It's the first thing to get you in trouble when running with a pack.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: meanstrk

Leave the ego at home bro. It's the first thing to get you in trouble when running with a pack.
Amen to that

Old 09-03-2007, 10:54 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

O yea not me either not any time soon on a backroad.
It kinda ****'s a person off when your trying to enjoy a ride and people just comes flying up on ya.
Thanks for the imput guys.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: psycojester

It kinda ****'s a person off when your trying to enjoy a ride and people just comes flying up on ya.
eh psyco i think X was refering to the fact that he believes they weren't hitting 120-140 mph around a blind curve ... i could be wrong

Old 09-03-2007, 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

ORIGINAL: psycojester

eh psyco i think X was refering to the fact that he believes they weren't hitting 120-140 mph around a blind curve ... i could be wrong
That would be correct.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 PM

O I C. My bad.

Quick Reply: Building up confidence..