Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Buell is dead.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009 | 10:18 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Daaamn. Well, maybe Harley will stick to what they do well now and stay out of an arena they really have no market in.

Old 10-16-2009 | 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Elfling
Daaamn. Well, maybe Harley will stick to what they do well now and stay out of an arena they really have no market in.
What Harley does well? Wuzzat? Produce more squids than Suzuki and Kawasaki combined?

Old 10-16-2009 | 10:28 PM

Daaamn. Well, maybe Harley will stick to what they do well now
Selling primitive, overpriced pieces of crap to the midlife crisis demographic?

And yes, there's one in my garage, so I'm allowed to make fun Although if we only had sportbikes in the household I'd never have experienced the pleasure of having a bike die because the battery cables vibrated loose

Old 10-16-2009 | 10:31 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Originally Posted by Red_Eye
Selling primitive, overpriced pieces of crap to the midlife crisis demographic?

And yes, there's one in my garage, so I'm allowed to make fun Although if we only had sportbikes in the household I'd never have experienced the pleasure of having a bike die because the battery cables vibrated loose
Bahahah!

Hey, I was being reserved in my teasing :P I wouldn't be caught dead on a Harley, but they're practically an icon at this point.

Old 10-16-2009 | 10:46 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Bahahah!

Hey, I was being reserved in my teasing :P I wouldn't be caught dead on a Harley, but they're practically an icon at this point.
To say they are an icon is "stretching" the belt a bit ..........LOL

Old 10-17-2009 | 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by kuroshio
if i had the cash, i'd grab one... Make a great collector's item :d

come on, 10 years from now and you have one in mint condition with less than 100 miles? Someone will pay 2x - 3x what you paid to stick it in a shrine
Edsel

Old 10-17-2009 | 07:29 PM

they were a good hoolum bike. everyone on here that builds a streetfighter likes the style. buell just had the big crutch of a HD motor. the new ones with the rotax seem like a damn decent bike. no, not as refined as the manufactures that have been making that style for the last 20+ years, but a nice start in the right direction. sad to see any business die at this point, just means things are getting closer to being bad for you or someone you know...

Old 10-18-2009 | 12:52 AM

If you did say buy a Buell for a cheap price (new),I wonder how long Harley will be able to supply parts for it?

Old 10-18-2009 | 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by CDN CBR
If you did say buy a Buell for a cheap price (new),I wonder how long Harley will be able to supply parts for it?
HD has to be able to repair / replace parts long enough to cover the warrantees on existing bikes. Can guarantee some enterprising soul is already gobbling up parts to be a supplier later.

Old 10-21-2009 | 03:02 PM
Banned

So sad, great bikes, possibly too over the top for the current times and styling in sportbikes. But great company, good products, innovative. Hope their crew all have jobs with Harley (even though i hate harley.) lol.

Quick Reply: Buell is dead.