Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Buddy pulled over / jail time

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buddy pulled over / jail time

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss
He was probably mad because everybody knows Asians can't drive.
Totally off topic but I nearly got sideswiped on my bike from an asian lady in a minivan a few days ago. Asian ladies are pretty much bad drivers, well women in general, NOT ALL, but most women scare me behind the wheel because they just don't pay attention.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: woo545

I got yelled at by a police officer, Monday for doing the same thing in my car. He's yelling about how I'm doing 85 in a 45 and all of the fines, points and loss of license stuff. I was doing maybe 60 but quickly lowered to 55 when he was behind me. I'm guess he did 85 to catch up to me and was pissed he couldn't do anything about it when I was doing 55.
OMG, that reminds me...I was heading home one day and this minivan comes to complete stop at a green light. I was like WTF....looked over and it was an Asian lady...I yelled..."great just reinforce the stereotype!"

Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Banned

I got yelled at by a police officer, Monday for doing the same thing in my car. He's yelling about how I'm doing 85 in a 45 and all of the fines, points and loss of license stuff. I was doing maybe 60 but quickly lowered to 55 when he was behind me. I'm guess he did 85 to catch up to me and was pissed he couldn't do anything about it when I was doing 55.
OMG, that reminds me...I was heading home one day and this minivan comes to complete stop at a green light. I was like WTF....looked over and it was an Asian lady...I yelled..."great just reinforce the stereotype!"
LMAO...very glad you got the joke and didn't take that personally

Old 06-27-2008, 12:59 AM

Well I got an update.

He was charged with excessive speeding, and reckless driving. Possibly a felony account. He spent the night in jail, 500$ bail. He had to go see the squadron commander, and what not. He got a LOR and his driving/ riding privaliges revoked on base for 6 months. He goes to court on thursday.

He told me that we was going 45 down the road in 3rd gear, when a taxi cut in fron of him. The only way out he says was to fly around him, so he goosed it a little a blew by the guy. At the same time that he was speeding around him an undercover cop drove by the opposite way. Then as that happened there happened to be a cop up a head with his radar gun out, and popped his ***. Then the whole thing went down.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:30 AM

Wait a minute...what state are you in? And why would ANY of this be a felony? Any of that **** here(PA) is a misdemeanor...and 500 bail? wtf?!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Banned

He was doing 45 and HAD to go 88 to make a pass so he could reach safety??? Is this the story he gave his unit? That sounds like something lame a kid would make up. Additionally, I don't think there is such a thing as felony reckless driving, but I'm not an expert on your state's laws either. Either way, his story is fishy as all hell, and the punishment he got sounds more consistent with RUNNING from the police as opposed to just speeding. Why else would the undercover cop passing in the other lane be relevant to this story?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:24 AM
RCR

It's a felony here in California, Im fighting one now. Of coarse it involved a mini van that pulled out across my lane into the next lane and when I slowed down, I down shifted (into 1st thinking it was 2nd). She then decided she wanted into my lane, when I cracked the throttle to get out of her way(like it's my fault) the front tire came no more then a foot off the ground.

When it happend a cop was giving another person a ticket and was watching it. I didn't even feel I did anything wrong (wasn't stunting) and kept on my way. 1 mile down the road the cop comes flying down the street lights and siren and swoops behind me and loud speakers me to pull over (he actually was being reckless). He didn't ask me anything just took my info called me over to sign for a Felony reckless driving. Then I had words with him, which at one point came to I will impound your bike and arrest you. His reasoning behind it all was he saw a bike similar to mine riding wheelies last week (at that time) and wanted to save my life. As I was signing the ticket I saidglad to know I have the only red and black sportbike here in Southern California and I will see youin court and asked to leave.

Moral of the story is Cops go overboard way to much and have it out for sport bike riders. the punishment is too harsh 85% of the time. So maybe Martin_D's buddy may of had words with the officer and the cop did what I mentioned above and followed thru with it.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: RCR

It's a felony here in California, Im fighting one now. Of coarse it involved a mini van that pulled out across my lane into the next lane and when I slowed down, I down shifted (into 1st thinking it was 2nd). She then decided she wanted into my lane, when I cracked the throttle to get out of her way(like it's my fault) the front tire came no more then a foot off the ground.

When it happend a cop was giving another person a ticket and was watching it. I didn't even feel I did anything wrong (wasn't stunting) and kept on my way. 1 mile down the road the cop comes flying down the street lights and siren and swoops behind me and loud speakers me to pull over (he actually was being reckless). He didn't ask me anything just took my info called me over to sign for a Felony reckless driving. Then I had words with him, which at one point came to I will impound your bike and arrest you. His reasoning behind it all was he saw a bike similar to mine riding wheelies last week (at that time) and wanted to save my life. As I was signing the ticket I saidglad to know I have the only red and black sportbike here in Southern California and I will see youin court and asked to leave.

Moral of the story is Cops go overboard way to much and have it out for sport bike riders. the punishment is too harsh 85% of the time. So maybe Martin_D's buddy may of had words with the officer and the cop did what I mentioned above and followed thru with it.
Ok, I stand corrected...thanks for setting me straight on that RCR.

Still though, I'm not buying the "I went 88 in a 45 for my safety" line....by the time he hit 88, he was WELL past the person he was passing and had activated his flux capacitor.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Moral of the story is Cops go overboard way to much and have it out for sport bike riders.
Maybe, just maybe, it might have something to do with the behavior of some sport bike riders? We all get tarred with the same brush regardless. I don't think anybody on here can put hand on heart and say that they never speed or do the odd wheelie! Just don't get caught!

Old 06-27-2008, 03:48 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Who the hell chills at 45 in 3rd gear?