Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

First time pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time pulled over

I was riding around in a parking lot doing wheelies and someone called the cops on me. He pulls me over and asks for my license and tells me of the complaint.

Then he tells me not to worry about it and how it was such a nice day to be riding. He was hella polite and hella tight.

I guess I got lucky

The funny thing is he knew I was doing wheelies but he said it wasn't reckless riding. Bless his soul

Last edited by jpanside@gmail.com; 05-24-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:52 PM

yeah thats damn lucky, gotta love those kind of cops

Old 05-24-2009, 08:56 PM

Must have been a biker! :-)

Old 05-24-2009, 10:25 PM

Wow lucky! Might outta go try to find him and tell him how much you appreciate what he did :P

Old 05-25-2009, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Yer ...lucky that time , but I dunno if I would trust it to happen to you again like that ....
The cop must have just won the lotto and been in a bloody good mood , or on drugs ... LOL

As it is your first time with them....take it from me , they are not usually like that to us sport bike riders...

take care mate..

dude i had a nice rosy picture of cops and you just smashed it

now the next time I see one imma panic and gun it out of there

Old 05-25-2009, 02:05 AM

i got pulled over by a moto cop for not having a liscense plate light. It was at night and i only have a permit. he explained that i could have had my bike impounded but he was not gonna do so. he then proceeded to tell me about his life growing up and how he used to like this girl when he was in highschool and would drive an hour just to see her. I think he really just wanted someone to talk to. he was a young cop and really cool.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Motor Cops are definitely more understanding of motocyclists...& they know motocycle regs/laws much better as well. In my area, motor cops routinely drop a hand to other motorcyclists...you really have to be a squid to attract unwanted attention. As far as your parking lot experience goes, its hard for cops to recommend practicing riding skills in parking lots, sans stunting, if they are going to harass about it. Still, as long as you're minding your own business in an empty parking lot, you *shouldn't* get hassled. If you get permission from the parking lot owner...well, that's all the better. That way, if a cop does hassle you, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Just make sure your license/registration/insurance are all up to date. Too, as suggested above, make sure you've got a plate light & signals on your bike.

Last edited by gotcbr; 05-25-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 05-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

shoot. only ticket i've ever gotten on a bike was from a motor cop. Just because they ride doesn't make them a nice person. I had my helmet stolen at school 2 days before and it was my only vehicle at the time. Had my GF wave to him because I saw him in the mirror and he flipped out and pulled us both over and wrote me every ticket he could find.

Sure I get it safety first I never ride without my lid but I had no choice. bleh! heh

Old 05-25-2009, 04:25 PM

Awesome.

Since you were on private property and got a complaint, they gotta come check it out and see. Usually you have to be really being a problem for them to do much to you.

I think you should find a private lot that's big and open, do some digging online to find the property manager, and just tell him/her you'd like to practice your wheelies and tricks on your bike on the weekends/nights/etc when people aren't there. If a cop comes out, you can tell the officer that you have permission from the manager/owner and likely they won't bug you any more.

Quick Reply: First time pulled over