Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

got pulled over for the 1st time on a bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got pulled over for the 1st time on a bike

well, i was riding down rt 66 today and a guy slows down to take a left, i slow down and carefully pull around him and hit the throttle. there was no cars in sight and i was on a straight away so i did a little speed spurt and i'm not sure what i was up to, prolly somewhere between 80-90 maybe more (in a 45mph zone), dunno when i hear sirens. it's not unusual for me to hear sirens behind me, it's just not usually for me so i slow and pull to the right and i see him coming up on my left so i figure he's going around me so i was still moving slowly, he stayed right next to me so i decided to stop and he yells out the window for me to shut the bike off and throw the key on the ground, so i did. then i went to pull up my visor and he yells to put my hands on the tank and his partner (german sheapard) was barkin at me so i just put my hands on the the tank and sat very still.

so he pulls his car up in front of me and gets out to talk to me. he asks for my lic. and reg. and i pull it out and pull up my visor to talk to him. he asked where i was off to in such a hurry and i explained that i was on my way back to the hospital to see my sister who's baby is in icu.

so he's sitting there looking at all my info and asks me why i have a bike registered in vt and have no info saying i live there or anything. so i asked permission to remove my helmet and he agreed and i explained to him how i had just purchased the bike from shark's and how they told me that it was vt policy that if a bike was salvaged there that it had to be reg. there for the first year and after i got the title i could reg. it in ct. so the cop looks at me like i'm insane and asks where i bought it again and i told him again and explained that they were the ones that reg. it, not me. i actually still had the paperwork in my jacket from the purchase and i took it out and handed it to him and told him he could verify with them that they reg. it for me. he actually tried calling them right there, but they were already closed. he said he would be sure to call them in the am and that dmv would love to know what kind of crap these people are pulling. he said that it's not my fault they are breaking the law and not to worry about it.

so after talking for a while he said that he wasn't going to write me up because i seemed like a nice girl. he asked if the rash on my bike was from me and i told him it was from the previous owner (salvaged) and he said that when i pulled away from that car it looked like i was off to the races and he was worried a car would pull out in front of me at those speeds and there would be a lot more rash on that bike and me. then he apoligized for yelling at me to throw my keys on the ground and explained that he does that because usually as soon as he stops they try to run. then he got in his car and we both went on our way.

i thought he was really cool not to write me up since i'm sure it would have been wrekless driving prolly automatic court date. i've had a rough week and i really didn't need a ticket to add to it. so i guess i'll never really know why he let me walk, but i'm not gonna complain!

i have been riding over six years and this is my third bike and this is the first time i've ever been pulled over, dunno if it's the gsxr or if it's the vt plate, but i'm gonna get rid of that plate the second i get the title back!!

Old 08-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: got pulled over for the 1st time on a bike

must be nice to be let off. I just got ticket for 85 in a 50. It sucks huge, but atleast the cop who i dealt with didn't yell at me to throw the keys outta the ignition. Before he got out of his cruiser, I was off the bike, helmet off, rumaging through my backpack for my wallet and he didn't care. He didn't ask for ownership or insurance, just my liscence and bam, gave me a ticket. Whatever.. it sucks but the ticket will be dropped, he has no standing in court and it was BS. I never hit those speeds and he tried to radar me on 6 lanes of traffic from a distance. He must have picked up someone else.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:17 AM

Not to be a jerk, but once he saw you were a chick rider, thats why he appologized and let your go.
My wife has gotten out of dozen of tickets, for blatant violations, she is immune to getting tickets, because every cop that has pulled her over was a guy,
Hell, her best friend got pulled over, and the cop asked her friend on a DATE! of course no ticket was given then eithor.

If that had been me on the bike, the cop would have pulled his gun on me, pointed it right in my face, purhapse even beat me with his night stick, then he would have given me like 5 or 6 tickets for various violations.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:32 AM

glad to hear you got out of it. not sure if it's because you're female... but i'm sure that didn't hurt the situation any

Old 08-12-2006, 01:36 AM
Retired Moderator

I don't mean to sound sexist, but I have to agree with 12 on this one. I think that when there is a male officer and a female detainee (sp?), there is a much better success ratio. As good as my driving record has been at any given time, and as polite as I have been at every minor stop, I have always been given a citation. Now, that may very well be the LEO having a bad day, but I have never been given a break, even for a minor infraction,

Old 08-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Mad

I am in the military and got pulled over on base for having my visor up!!! Come On!!! The max speed limit was 20 and the distance to my office from the gate was less than a 1/4 mile.

They actually chased me down and got me as I was parking. They threw their lights on just to tell me to put my visor down. What makes it worse is that before they looked at my ID card they kept referring to me as "Young Man". Like that really matters!!!!

Oh by the way I wear WILEX glasses when I ride... So I had a form of eye protection on...

Come on ticket for visor up?? WTF!!!!

Old 08-12-2006, 01:38 AM

sad but not totally unfounded........

Old 08-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Mad

Yea your right. I did know better but just forgot so I guess I shouldn't complain....

Old 08-12-2006, 01:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Syphen
He must have picked up someone else.

that's what they all say...lol

Old 08-12-2006, 01:55 AM

ORIGINAL: 12oclocker

Not to be a jerk, but once he saw you were a chick rider, thats why he appologized and let your go.
My wife has gotten out of dozen of tickets, for blatant violations, she is immune to getting tickets, because every cop that has pulled her over was a guy,
Hell, her best friend got pulled over, and the cop asked her friend on a DATE! of course no ticket was given then eithor.

If that had been me on the bike, the cop would have pulled his gun on me, pointed it right in my face, purhapse even beat me with his night stick, then he would have given me like 5 or 6 tickets for various violations.
i've gotten tickets from guy cops b4, but when i send them in not guilty they always get nollied. i know some guys who don't get tickets just cuz the cop's cool. i'm sure it had something to do with the fact that i was a chick, but i take no offense to that, whatever works. he was a nice guy, don't think he woulda beaten ya unless ya tried to run.

Quick Reply: got pulled over for the 1st time on a bike